Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proview PL926Wbi, no power

Originally posted by SBlackfoot View Post
    I used the link you provided above and purchased the cheap regulators from eBay.
    Aww, darn, for 2x the price, you could have gotten 10x the regulators. Auction is over.

50 regulators for $3 + free shipping.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120947003251

The K020 is the same code I received.

For fun, over at digikey.com,

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...OSCT-ND/660708

50 x 0.36520 = $18.26 + $8 shipping to Canada = $26.26.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
      Aww, darn, for 2x the price, you could have gotten 10x the regulators. Auction is over.
      lol I thought even five was overkill...

Comment

18 days later and my cheapo regularots have arrived. On my birthday no less! lol When I get a chance I'll break out the heat gun and try to get the old one off. It probably won't be until next week though. I have a basement to tear apart. *sigh*

Comment

See you guys are amazing... I used some insulating wool to protect the surrounding board and replaced that voltage regulator. I managed to set off the smoke detector (new heat gun was smokey) and melt part of the connector to the inverter board, but when all is said and done she fired right up. It has been running for about ten minutes now without a complaint.

I really appreciate all of the help. If I ever get the chance I'd love to buy you guys a beer. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SBlackfoot View Post
            I managed to set off the smoke detector (new heat gun was smokey)
            1) At least you know the smoke detector is working. It could save your life one day as many people neglect to test it or change it out after a few years.

2) If the new heat gun lets out smoke, maybe return it?
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

By "new" heat gun, I mean a gift from last Christmas that I used for the first time. lol I'm sure it's fine. I'm sure they all smoke a little the first time they're fired up. The next attempt will be outside though. lol

Comment

I've got this same monitor apart. My PSB is a little different. I've replaced all the caps on the power board with FM panasonics. Old caps were all bloated and monitor would not power on. With caps replaced, power led lights up, monitor seems to be working, but no back light. I can see the display with a flashlight. The power out volatge is good on 14v pin (14.5v), but 5v voltage is only 4.98v. Therefore my voltage at the regulator is only 4.66v input with only 3.27v output. Is this close enough to the right voltage? I could not find the inverter transformer in LCDparts list, it's part # is 730 703 1900TLW JH. The ohm checks as 747ohm and .6ohm, I don't know if this right or not.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by maybenever View Post
                  I've got this same monitor apart. My PSB is a little different. I've replaced all the caps on the power board with FM panasonics. Old caps were all bloated and monitor would not power on. With caps replaced, power led lights up, monitor seems to be working, but no back light. I can see the display with a flashlight. The power out volatge is good on 14v pin (14.5v), but 5v voltage is only 4.98v. Therefore my voltage at the regulator is only 4.66v input with only 3.27v output. Is this close enough to the right voltage? I could not find the inverter transformer in LCDparts list, it's part # is 730 703 1900TLW JH. The ohm checks as 747ohm and .6ohm, I don't know if this right or not.
                  The regulator output should be around 3.3V. Not sure how accurate your meter is. I would start by checking to see if there's a fuse for the inverter section (F203 on some of the boards). Also check mosfets Q5 and Q6 (bottom of board) for shorts as outlined by retirecaps " 2 seconds to black" guide in post #3.
                  Last edited by jetadm123; 01-21-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I've checked all fuses, they are good. My meter has always been pretty accurate. I'll try to check the mosfets.

Comment

Originally posted by maybenever View Post
                      = The ohm checks as 747ohm and .6ohm,
                      Hopefully you have measured in the wrong place

Try again - power off- meter on ohms 2000 measure S1 to S2 and S3 to S4
                      Attached Files
                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                        Hopefully you have measured in the wrong place

Try again - power off- meter on ohms 2000 measure S1 to S2 and S3 to S4
                        I must have measured in the wrong place. S1 to S2 =730 ohms S3 to S4 = 730 ohms.
                        Measured mosfets Q5 & Q6, part # K3615 7F. With meter set on 20k, pin 1 to 2 = starts at zero and just keeps climbing, pin 1 to 3 = 5.64, pin 2 to 3 = 2.66. Both parts test the same.

Comment

Suggest you reconnect the main board back to the power supply and measure the voltage at the BL ON pin (at the 8-pin connector). You should see around 3V. Measure the BL ON voltage when you're pressing the on/off button on the front panel of the monitor.
                          Last edited by jetadm123; 01-21-2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                            Suggest you reconnect the main board back to the power supply and measure the voltage at the BL ON pin (at the 8-pin connector). You should see around 3V. Measure the BL ON voltage when you're pressing the on/off button on the front panel of the monitor.
                            Voltage at BL ON pin is zero or .01v, press the on/off button, zero for a few seconds, then clinbs to 4.54v, then falls back to .01v.

Comment

The BL ON turns on the backlights when voltage is applied to this pin. Do see any activity from the backlights as the BL ON voltage climbs to 4.54V? Perhaps a photo of your mainboard would be helpful.

Comment

The BL ON turns on the backlights when voltage is applied to this pin. Do see any activity from the backlights as the BL ON voltage climbs to 4.54V? Perhaps a photo of your mainboard would be helpful.
                                I didn't have the backlights connected. I thought I had a photo of the main board, guess I didn't take one. I've replaced the 2 large caps on it, 220uf I think, the board is in my shop. That'll be a tomorrow thing.
                                The voltage is right for the BL On test?

Comment

Depending on the manufacturer, BL_ON can vary from 3-5V. I don't know the specific value for your monitor.

Comment

So, it starts at zero, climbs to around 5v, then falls back to zero. Am I getting this right?

Comment

The "climbing" part has me puzzled. It should be a solid number. I also believe it should not go back to zero.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking, but I don't know very much. I so thank you for taking the time for a learner like myself. I'll get that other picture tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                                          Perhaps a photo of your mainboard would be helpful.
                                          Here are pictures of main board. I didn't see how crappy my solder job was on those two caps until now. I'll clean that up. What to check next?
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X