Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pioneer VSX-1122-k shorted V+3.3_HHH rail

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
    You also may have to factory default and may have to reload firmware after putting a new IC in.
    How would I do that?
    That is a good thing, that means that i just have to wait until the IC comes in then.

Comment

I don't know, haven't done that on a Pioneer. You may or may not having to do that. First I would drop that new IC in and see what happens. If it turns on, first thing to do is a factory default.

Comment

I have made a mistake, by calling the bad IC, IC903. It wasn't the IC903, it was the IC9602.
        I have ordered a IC903(just arrived) and I have just realized my mistake.
        Now I need to place an order for a IC9602.

Comment

I have also lost(popped out from my tweezer) the inductor that I have removed, L9606(ATL-7010-A) and I can't find any info about it, on the net.

Comment

Aah... the other HDMI processor Sil9387A that does the front HDMI and port 1,2 and 3 on the back. The ATL7010 is a ferrite bead. They have a certain impedance at some 100MHz or what ever frequency. So it's a filter. As far as DC goes, it measures a short.

Comment

What could I use, in it's place? Should I just remove one, from another spare (TV) board?
              Do you think that, if this IC is missing, the receiver would turn off?
              Last edited by tibimakai; 02-22-2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                What could I use, in it's place? Should I just remove one, from another spare (TV) board?
                Do you think that, if this IC is missing, the receiver would turn off?
                You would have to be able to distinguish between an inductor and a ferrite bead (magnetics). One would be easily able to do that with proper lab equipment. Right now you have 2 choices, either take a good guess and match something up size wise on Digikey (luckily there isn't that much to choose from Ferrite Beads SMT sized), or take a shortcut and just put a jumper there (maybe one with a small ferrite ring), or find that one that you lost.

As far as that missing IC, I don't really know, but it would not surprise me, since the whole thing probably firmware controlled as it is programmable. So missing a key integrated part should stop the booting process. It's not like it is a small IC or something that doesn't have any memory inside.

Comment

Finally, I'm back.
                  HDMI IC soldered in, jumped the inductor for now.
                  There is 3.3V there, so that short is gone.
                  But, still won't boot up completely.
                  Shows Power on, than STBOX/CBL and other things light up on the display, than shuts off and MCAA LED start blinking.
                  I have measured the output of each amp, with the meter set at the mV scale, I was getting between 10-23mV DC.
                  What else should I check?

Comment

I have measured IC3004 for error, at pin #80. All I'm getting, is 0.062V since power on, till error kicks in, without any change(maybe changes to 0.061V for a second).

Comment

I have also measured pin #71, which is 4.84V. I'm not sure, if that is good or not, because it is not specified. It seems low, no?
                      Same goes, for pin #80. I don't know, what should read, when it is working OK.
                      At pin #72, I'm getting 4.2V and it should be 5V (High) is normal.This is for Temp protection. This one seems even lower. It is not too low?
                      At pin #81, I'm getting 5V, which should be 5V (High) for normal. This one look OK. This is for Thermal protection.

Comment

Yesterday I have found two shorted transistors, Q527 and Q530 on the vertical board, that connects with the HDMI board.
                        By removing those, the receiver started right up. Yeahhh!!
                        I can't take the whole credit for this, because Mastertech, from the forum repair almost anything, helped me.
                        Finally a breakthrough. I still have to replace those transistors, an inductor L9606 at the HDMI 3.3V power rail.
                        I also need to see, if the HDMI ports work or not.

Comment

I still have problems, but only in the digital section.
                          Half the HDMI ports don't work and the rest has only audio.
                          That audio, is on and off too. Every five seconds, goes away for a second and then comes back right away.
                          I'm wondering, the main HDMI IC it is not damaged as well?

Comment

Working...
                          X