Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

G'day Speedandy,

I have an A200 with same problem and need the caps. Do you still have them? If so, PM with details and I'll come around.

Comment

Hello -

EXPERTS PLEASE PLEASE HELP----I am new to the boards. I've dealt and fixed many heatsink issues- and overall done countless pc repairs... However, first time I am stumped with my Sister's Toshiba Satellite L675D-S049. Identical issue, laptop runs perfect on battery, but once its plugged in, it freezes fairly quickly. I've noticed, the longer it has Not been used, the longer it takes to freeze when plugged in. Only hard reset works after freeze.

I have looked everywhere and have tried countless suggestions, changed battery, power supply, turned off a processor, etc. etc. but same freezing issue arises.

I finally saw the "Capacitor" fix on this site, however, it is posted for another model. Could someone please tell me if this would apply to the Toshiba L675D-S7049 as well?? And if so, which capacitors should I change?? possible location of them??? Suggestions on the replacement Capacitors I should use & how many???

....Any experts if you have a few moments to advise, please help...... I would greatly appreciate the help!

Comment

Hi to all grate people sharing knowledge in this form ,
        I faced same symptoms many times ,recently 4 months ago , solved with
        same method .
        Remember 1 case 4X330 caps used but the other one 6x150.
        Pictures and details soon ( when decent internet connection available )

to : xpert71
        How exactly you did a reflow to the Token / NEC ???
        Isn't there a plastic cover that will melt, also isn't the heat will damaged the cap itself?

Comment

EXPERTS - Please look at attached.

I have the same issue, Toshiba L675D-S7049 laptop works perfectly fine on battery. However, once plugged in, either immediately or after a bit of time, laptop completely freezes and only hard power shutdown does anything.

I have tried countless remedies to no avail. I opened up laptop & attachments R pics of mobo. It does not have da NEC/TOKIN caps, however, there are:

Mobo: NALAE LA-6053P
          Rev: 1A

3 0E5 220 6.3V
          3 0G4 390 2.5V
          3 0J4 VLPS 330 2.5V
          (the little round metallic partially purple items in the picture attachments)

If I am focusing on da wrong items, please let me know. Otherwise, which ones should I change and with what??? Please help, your assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

If needed, I can take additional photos of different areas & post.
          PLEASE HELP....
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again guys helped me solve yet another prob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello to all.
              I followed the instructions of the post with excellent results (no more artefacts), but the notebook still shut down occasionally.
              In the pictures you can find my solution
              Foto 1 - Removing Tokin with Dark IR
              Foto 2 - Removed
              Foto 3 - Cleaning
              Foto 4 - My solution

Best regard,
              Daniele

Comment

Originally posted by openupshop View Post

If I am focusing on da wrong items, please let me know. Otherwise, which ones should I change and with what???
                Please help, your assistance would be
                greatly appreciated!!

If needed, I can take additional photos of different
                areas & post.
                PLEASE HELP....
                hi , yep u r in the wrong area , the TOKEN/NEC is located in
                the other side of the mobo , directly UNDER the processor ,
                check that area and upload some photos .
                your laptop is AMD , that have more known issue
                regarding heat desipation , you may need to address.

Comment

Originally posted by speedandy View Post
                  No change. Spent a couple of hours googling and found this site. I've just ordered 10 TOKIN OE128 from Singapore. If anyone around Brisbane AU needs one PM me in a couple of days and I'll pass one on.
                  Hoping I'm not too late? Will send PM when i can (new member restriction :\)
                  Last edited by narcoticx2; 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Hi sir benmah,
                    I replaced the NEC tokin 0E128 with 4 tantalum caps and it works pretty well.
                    Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by somisa8v View Post
                      hi , yep u r in the wrong area , the TOKEN/NEC is located in
                      the other side of the mobo , directly UNDER the processor ,
                      check that area and upload some photos .
                      your laptop is AMD , that have more known issue
                      regarding heat desipation , you may need to address.
                      Hello Somisa8v

Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately, there is no TOKEN/NEC in this motherboard. I have tried countless suggestions from the web and was very happy when I came across this forum because the issue on this thread was EXACTLY what I was experiencing, laptop works perfect on battery, but freezes either immediately or a little while after plugging it in. Consequently, I believe a similar solution exists for me since so many others on this thread have succeeded with replacing the capacitor(s).

I did take additional photos per your suggestion which are attached.
                      The first two pictures are each sides of the processor. I checked directly underneath the processor and throughout but no TOKEN/NEC.

If you could guide me, I would greatly appreciate it. If you need any additional information, please let me know.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

I have the same problem in this toshiba A500, but don´t see any NEC/Tokin capacitors like those here.
                        This motherboard of toshiba A500 works perfectly on battery, but it freezes few secons after DC is plugged

I tried already with another ram, cpu, power supply, external monitor only, even changed radeon vga card, and always shows this same behaviour.

Any suggestions ?

Comment

Well, at least now i know that it isn´t the faulty capacitor under the cpu

Still freezing windows normal mode, while in dc

Comment

hi
                            i have a toshiba laptop L300
                            problem if the adapter is plugged directly leptop restart
                            please help me
                            only this time I can be a problem like this
                            Technicians fardhan leptop

Comment

Is this topic dead ? :P

Comment

It's not only the capacitance that matters. Putting a great big 'lytic in there won't help if the ESR of it is too high to filter properly.

Comment

Would cheap caps from hong kong do the job and how long would they last since they are oem.
                                  eg:
                                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nk....c0.m270.l1313

Comment

Originally posted by fabiog View Post
                                    Would cheap caps from hong kong do the job and how long would they last since they are oem.
                                    eg:
                                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nk....c0.m270.l1313
                                    Those caps do work. As for how long they will work, I have no idea. I have them installed in my laptop but I have only had it back for two days.

Comment

There is a guide here to how to replace the capacitor
                                      i hope it will be usefull...
                                      http://laptoprepairblog.net/toshiba-...er-plugged-in/

Comment

@all do not remove the NEC/TOKIN capacitor...if u have done this then
                                        this problem will come back.what u need to do see my pics.using 1*100uf capacitor(black one) & 5*10uf capacitor.do it.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Toshiba Satellite - L300

@all do not remove the NEC/TOKIN capacitor...if u have done this then
                                          this problem will come back.what u need to do see my pics.using 1*100uf(or 220uf) capacitor(black one) & 5*10uf capacitor.do it
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X