Hanns-G HG281D issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanns-G HG281D issues

After reviewing all the posts re. no power and the associated symptoms, I replaced the caps on the power supply board. Surprisingly, still no power. What would the next step be ?

Thanks

Re: Hanns-G HG281D issues

what main board in it! if vx2835 r3.1 has a known issue with c124 an c126, replace them!

Comment

Hi,

I'm new to these boards. My Hanns-G HG281D just up and died yesterday. No power and no blue light indicating power. I bought it over 3 years ago and it now out of warrant.

My model is HG281D PBUFK11.

After going over the posts here I suspect the caps are bad. My question to someone here is I also see some white stuff that kind of looks like dried glue on or near the caps and am trying to determine if it has come from the caps or not. It is all over my board in spots near almost all electrolytics and ceramic caps. Honestly, I've never seen stuff like this and am wondering if this is normal glue to hold the parts or leakage from the caps. Any suggestions are appreciated. All the electrolytics seem normal, with no bulging.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikebe View Post
        Honestly, I've never seen stuff like this and am wondering if this is normal glue to hold the parts or leakage from the caps.
        It is normal glue. Nothing to worry about. In the main megathread, I have extensively helped people with this monitor, read through it on how to measure the voltage.

It contains almost every problem seen with this monitor.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11329

Note there are at least 5 or 6 other threads pertaining to the same monitor.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll see what I can do about the pic's. I'll have to go find my good camera and post better picks tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamster201 View Post
            After reviewing all the posts re. no power and the associated symptoms, I replaced the caps on the power supply board. Surprisingly, still no power. What would the next step be ?

Thanks
            Doing this the right way ...

I re-capped the power supply board after the monitor was increasingly difficult to power on and finally wouldn't turn on at all. I measured the voltage at CN5 and the voltage fluctuates around 5v and is not stable. I don't see +12v on CN7. No blue or amber light.

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

The 5V should be steady,suggest you plug the Power supply into the mains supplyAND have NO other Boards plugged in, and then measure for the 5v output from the board

Comment

Originally posted by Zamster201 View Post
                I re-capped the power supply board
                All the caps or just some. What brand and series did you use for replacements?

The very first poster in the megathread, Mishannya, had the same problem with fluctuating 5V standby.
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

UPDATE - I ended up just replacing all the caps in the switching power supply and it seems to work. Although, it initially acted weird, the screen going black after being on for 10 seconds. then shut down. I then re-seated all the connections and tried again and it has started up the last couple of times I've tried it. I'm worried that maybe the main logic board might be flakey when it heats up so I'm doing a burn in test right now to see if it dies again.

Once again, thanks for the info on this site. You guys ROCK!
                  Last edited by mikebe; 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

From the company (not eBay) website the caps that I replaced were :

qty 1 1000uf 35v capacitor
                    qty 2 1000uf 25v capacitors
                    qty 1 1000uf 10v capacitor
                    qty 1 470uf 35v capacitor
                    qty 1 470uf 25v capacitor
                    qty 1 470uf 10v capacitor
                    qty 1 22uf 35v capacitor
                    qty 1 10uf 50v capacitor
                    qty 1 2.2uf 50v capacitor

Of course, I see that the complete kit has 14 (not 10) caps and at one point I did have to choose which of (2) caps to replace. They all look to be Nichicon.

Something else, I didn't realize how delicate the etchings were for one cap (c114) until it was too late so I munged one of them. And I assume that's a pretty important one also. Probably now need a new PSM board unless I can fix that ...

Comment

follow trace to find were ya can solder a wire onto post pics makes it easier!

Comment

Well, I spoke too soon!

The monitor worked for about 4 days and just up and died again tonight! Now every once in a while the power indicator will blink bright blue once or twice and then go dark. This is now after having replaced all the caps on the power supply. When I attempt to power it on, nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by mikebe View Post
                          When I attempt to power it on, nothing happens.
                          Does the power LED come on at all?
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

So last night I got fed up and left the monitor in what appeared to be in the off position. Black screen and no power light. Then I come downstairs today and find the monitor on and the power light glowing blue and my monitor displaying a web page. So, at this point I'm perplexed. I've turned on and off the monitor several times and it appears to be working fine now except the VGA input does not work any longer, only the HDMI input. Any ideas what may be happening now?

Comment

Check for bad solder joints on the caps you replaced. Since you damaged the solder joint on C114, try soldering a wire from the damaged lead of C114 to the next solder pad that was connected to the damaged pad of C114.

Comment

Working...
                              X