This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New member here--was (and still am) electrically challenged. Put my nascent soldering skills to work trying to repair 2 AV123 MFW-15 subwoofer amps that have crapped out with bad capacitors--am continually learning so much about this! Hoping to glean more knowledge from folks here, thank you!

Comment

Just joined after searching around for info on bad caps..HA...funny i was just telling a client how most of the repairs i do these days is recapping.. Guess i should not spill the beans but i am as honest as i can be these days in a sea of duplicity (just being a rebel)
      Anyway what a great forum for us techy junkies....Yes indeed bad caps!

I hope i can share my vast knowledge and background with all of you....

Cheers

Chaz

Comment

Hello to everybody.happy join your community

Comment

greeting! This looks like a pretty cool board.
          Last edited by tobotech; 03-23-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

New to the Forum here. I have run into an issue with my Plasma and stumbled across an outstanding discussion on repairs! Look forward to interacting with you all and hopefully pass along some wisdom but definitely GAIN ALOT of wisdom and knowledge from all of you!

Comment

Hi, my name is david,i came across this site to figure out a tv issue, to fix(found it thanks) i drive a garbage truck and i scrap at night and come across tv's fixed my first one last week easy cap, fix so i figured on joining here to maybe help me on issues with ones i get, and learn something new as i go thanks.....

Comment

Hi all,
                Found this site when searching about performing a vintage amplifier recap. Great resource.
                Greetings to all....

Comment

Hi I'm from Canada. I speak both english and french(badly). I have a Shuttle SB86i that I assembled for a friend that has bad caps. I had hoped to repair it, having had a father who was handy with a soldering iron and having a bit of experience with soldering back in the days when building a radio transmitter from a kit was considered fun. Well, I joined this forum and found out everything that I needed to know about how to remove capacitors and replace them, bought a bunch of new capacitors, got myself a test board, a good temperatue controlled soldering iron, dentist tools, desoldering bulb and braid only to find out that, at age 73, my visual accuity and steadiness of hand are a bit lacking to put it midly. I tried to contact repair services here at badcaps.net without result. Anyone who wants to try to recap this Shuttle SB86i board should contact me at cliff@acess.ca with costs and shipping instructions

Comment

HI I am a certified Electronics Engineer. I have owned my own Consumer Electronics business for 38 years. Know most of the common problems with most of the TV's and electronics purchased today. If you need help with anything let me know. I am an authorized service center for over 14 different companies. We do work for most of the major companies, like Best Buy and Walmart and many more. Can obtain any part needed and repair most of them.

Comment

Hi everybody, joined up today, pleased to be here.
                      I was asking for some advice on an Nvidia video card.
                      Previously, I had received email help concerning bad caps on
                      a Biostar motherboard.

I'm a computer tech, and learned to solder at a quite young age.

regards,
                      Dave

Comment

Hi everybody, joined yesterday found Forum Searching for information on a plasma TV, and finding a equivalent in the USA.
                        I'm a bus driver who has had an interest in TV and Radio from a young age.

I live in the north east of England

Regards
                        Alan.

Comment

Hi
                          I'm Steve Holton London ex-pat living in SE Alaska 30 years (and godda-- glad about it!), single never married, Botany degree from Leeds (almost useless!) loving the subsistence lifestyle here.
                          I can't tell you how relieved I was to find this forum after I totally killed my pc by touching an audio jack into a usb port!
                          Looking forward to replies after I post.
                          Thanks everyone,

Comment

Hello, I'm here to find info on how to fix a dead Samsung 245B. I found it on the side of a road during a curbside collection. I'm in the middle of building a hackintosh and thought I could get by with a cheap/free monitor

Comment

Hi I'm Terry Varnado Sr living in Louisiana. Disabled Radio Telephone Tech Old School. FCC licensed in mid 80s and Computer repair on MainFrames and Old TRS80s. Loved it when Windows came out, no more loading programs. Most features are already there. Seems like as soon as I get used to the new it becomes old. Like ME 52YrOld. Thanks for letting me join. I have been coming back here for years looking for power supply info and such. BEST THING I HAVE LEARNED from here is most CAPS are desingned to last few thousand hours. I wouldn't make it as a design engineer, I want things to last.

Comment

Hi all I joined yesterdat due to needing information on a hanwa lcd tv repair. Im a but confused as to how you start a new thread with a topic of your own??? All I seem to be able to do is reply to existing threads?? Is it me being thick lol

Comment

My Name is Jim go by Truthwerx here and elsewhere. Part owner of an electronics/computer repair shop in my small town. Northern Michigan USA. We take pride in how we service our community and love what we do.

Comment

Greetings. I am the Antman. I may have registered here before, at least I thought I had. One side effect of a thirty year IT habit is diminished capacity, but I cannot find a link at BadCaps for bio-forms.

I have referenced this site countless times. Today, I needed a resource that required a login. So, this might be an original install, or it may be a reflow.

So and thus ends my first (?) post.

Comment

Hi there! This is quite an impressive community. I found it by searching for solutions for my HP dv6's 1 blink error code and found a very useful post.

Comment

Hello all,

Greetings from Holland.

My name is Frans, been busy with electronics allmost all my life, but need
                                        more info on hardware repair on laptops.

Try to learn something here

Comment

Hello all,

This is Jeff in Kentucky. I have been in and out of the electronics industry since the 80's. Every time I get laid off or burnt out from "real" jobs that pay steadily, I get back into some sort of consumer service. When I figure out the money just isn't right, I go back to something industrial. I've worked at tv shops, radio stations, service depots, manufacturers, etc. I love component level repair and improving on engineers' short-lived designs, but found better money doing industrial maintenance. I will never understand why it pays better to swap out a 10000 box than to actually fix the box...but it does. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
                                          X