eVGA 7300GT went boom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: eVGA 7300GT went boom

Have you checked Ebay for the MOSFETs? I've seen some people in China and Hong Kong selling lots of semiconductors.... AND they ship internationally

Saicon should switch their product line to fireworks instead of capacitors
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Update....

I replaced both MOSFETs and all Saicon caps to Panny FMs.

Mobo will post with this cap. Unfortunately, the video is all colour vertical lines. Same for both Outputs.

The 2 MOSFETS running pretty HOT and so do the two caps by the previously shorted MOSFET. I guess one of the chip must have been damaged internally as they all look fine under magnifier.

Oh well.. I am going to pull the caps back out. Maybe the MOSFETs too.

Another battle lost.

Comment

Vertical color lines are a sign of dead VRAM.

My ATI X700 had it's ram unheatsinked I remember them burning my fingers they got so hot 4 years later the color lines appeared and a few chips weren't hot but ice cold.

My New 3850 has the VRAM heatsunk with the GPU.
        Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Funny I should find this thread. My brother's computer just made the loud bang itself. He was using the PC at the time, and said that it kept working fine. He shut it down about 10 minutes later, and it wouldn't turn back on.

Of course, he first guessed it was going to be the PSU, but looking through it, could not find anything popped, burnt, or missing. So, we went over the board.... still nothing wrong (except it's a WinFast board with OST Primaries). Looked at the video card? Well... lets just say the first pic in this thread is a familiar sight:

I'm guessing that since his comp just kept running, that I might have better luck at recapping? The board will not post with the card in, but it does work with a different card.
          Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

recap it and it will be ok.i see these often.if it says fz on it replace it.

Comment

dood,

Welcome to the boom boom club ;-)

Your pic doesn't show the whole card. if the other end of the card did not blow up like mine did, then recap might work for you.

Mine appears to have the video ram damaged.

Good luck.

Comment

Yes, the one cap on the other end was blown, too. The fan on this one was not seized, so my brother says. I will be attempting a recap as soon as I get my hands on the card.
                Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Working...
                X