KLD-46S4100 No Picture/No Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KLD-46S4100 No Picture/No Sound

I have a sony bravia with no picture and no sound the green power light stays on steadily and there is no error signal from the standby light. When I unplug the CN2502 cord that controls the backlight, the backlight comes on and the screen cycles through screens of rbg solid color screens. I think that the A board is the problem, but want to be sure before I order a new one.

Re: KLD-46S4100 No Picture/No Sound

I have the same problem, I saw the training manual and say that if have 12v and 3.3 from the power supply the problem is in the A-Board, but I have 11.6 in the 12v and I need now if the problem is in the A-board or in the power supply.

Comment

Pictures with the back cover removed would be nice!

Comment

I had a similar model doing the same thing and it was the F1 fuse on the Tcon board. Check it first. Tcon is located at the top center of the tv. Fuse should be located near the bottom center of the board.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, rmoody, I cheked the fuse and is good, have 11.6v.
          I thing is the A -Board, but I want to be sure before to order.

Comment

Originally posted by serveles View Post
            Thanks for your reply, rmoody, I cheked the fuse and is good, have 11.6v.
            I thing is the A -Board, but I want to be sure before to order.
            On both ends of the fuse? did you check it for continuity? If your planning on throwing boards at it, I would try the tcon first, since it's likely the cheapest. Check and see if there's another fuse. i'm thinking mine had 2 or 3

Comment

I had the exact same brand and model number and the exact same problem.

Have you fix your problem?

I would like to know how you fix it and probably I can do the same to mine.

To restate the problem.

Sony LCD TV KLD-46S4100 46in. HDTV

About a year after warranty, one day it suddenly can not display images.

The remote control can only turn the TV on and off.
              The on and off green LED light and the click sound indicate there is something happen.

All other buttons on remote control do not work. All control buttons on top of the TV do not work.

TV has no sound no picture, nothing other than the green indication light at the bottom.

When I open the back, I did not notice any strange smell or any electronic component burn, leaking, bulky problem.

Sony said it is out of warranty, local repair store said $75 for problem diagnosis + other fixing fees and labor.
              It can easily goes to several hundreds which does not worth it.

If a guru here has some opinion, that will be really really of great help.

Comment

Originally posted by afitch87 View Post
                I have a sony bravia with no picture and no sound the green power light stays on steadily and there is no error signal from the standby light. When I unplug the CN2502 cord that controls the backlight, the backlight comes on and the screen cycles through screens of rbg solid color screens. I think that the A board is the problem, but want to be sure before I order a new one.
                If you'll get us some quality pictures posted through the manage attachments, we could probably give you some quality advice. we have no idea what the CN2502 cord is

Comment

Ok the CN2502 is the backlight conector, and disconected, turn on the lamps and start a test (green light, red, etc..). Then the lamps and inverter works good.

Comment

The t-con board have only one fuse in the 12v, and the mine is good

Comment

Originally posted by shougang_wang View Post
                      I had the exact same brand and model number and the exact same problem.

Sony said it is out of warranty, local repair store said $75 for problem diagnosis + other fixing fees and labor.
                      It can easily goes to several hundreds which does not worth it.

If a guru here has some opinion, that will be really really of great help.
                      Would you mind sharing your opinion why a Brand name 46" LCD TV is not worth a couple of hundred dollars?

Comment

with the price goes down so quickly, you can find a brand new 46 in. LCD TV ~$800.

And possibly an LED back-light one which is much lighter and thinner.

Just do a little research and wait for a deal.

Originally posted by Village Electronics View Post
                        Would you mind sharing your opinion why a Brand name 46" LCD TV is not worth a couple of hundred dollars?

Comment

Originally posted by shougang_wang View Post
                          with the price goes down so quickly, you can find a brand new 46 in. LCD TV ~$800.

And possibly an LED back-light one which is much lighter and thinner.

Just do a little research and wait for a deal.
                          I am familiar with the prices of new sets. What I am asking is why you would pay $800 instead of repair for $200 ? That is 4 times higher for a couple of years newer and the programs are the same.

Comment

Hi, I have no offense. Just my personal opinion.

so here are some logic
                            1. This model is discontinued, on ebay, it is 599 buy it now. May be find a new one ~700.
                            2. with price ~800, I can buy a 47in LG LED TV which is lighter and more advance.

3. This 46S4100 model, as we can see in this forum, has a lot of problems.

someone had T-con failure, someone had A board failure, someone had power board failure.

Dig through this forum seems the problem may be bad fuse, bad connection or bad capacitors.

Most repair stores won't trace down to which part causes failure, if they found one board doesn't work. They simply buy a new one and replace the whole board instead of fix the component.

So one time fixing can easily goes to $200, parts + diagnosis+labor.

For this model if I have to fix twice in repair store, I would rather sell the good parts and buy a new one and enjoy the new technology.

Now I become a geek now, I am pretty happy to look through this forum, open the TV and trace the problem of a HDTV which I never thought of before.

Back to my question, I tested my power board.

The 12 V, 6.5 V and 3.3 V connector, which supply to A board, doesnot function.

There is no sign of burning parts, capacitor leakage, capacitor bulky etc.

Any one can have a hint of what's going on and how can I trace further?

Thanks so much.

shougang

Originally posted by Village Electronics View Post
                            I am familiar with the prices of new sets. What I am asking is why you would pay $800 instead of repair for $200 ? That is 4 times higher for a couple of years newer and the programs are the same.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by shougang_wang; 08-26-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

This is the trainning manual for this model maybe help you.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much.
                                This really really is the one that I want.

Originally posted by serveles View Post
                                This is the trainning manual for this model maybe help you.

Comment

Working...
                                X