X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

All. the. damn. time.
    I may request this thread be locked.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      All. the. damn. time.
      I may request this thread be locked.
      It should be locked or pruned significantly. If I were something looking at the title of this thread, I would expect one or two posts at most from the author. Not a hodge podge of questions on various TVs.

However, I know the feeling. Even when I explicitly say don't ask questions in post #1 of a "how to guide", people can't or won't follow instructions.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Good job Tom!! I needed some basic plasma troubleshooting, and this is greate, thanks a lot.

Comment

i have plasma Panasonic 42inch and i have horizontal line.
          Some help
          Attached Files

Comment

The plasma panel is likely bad -- not repairable.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hello, I have a Hitachi 42 inch plasmas, model number: HD42S69. I have a 3 inch thick vertical red line, left of center (if your facing the tv) that sporadically appears, but often. I took it to a repair shop. The guy told me that its not the control board and it isn't the display panel, it's a buffer board. He wanted $200 and he said the part is like $60. I figured I can just do it myself, but I don't know where the buffer board he was talking about is? Can you help me locate it? How do I even know what board is causing the issue?

Comment

It's more likely just the connection between the X-buffer board and panel. Start a new thread and provide pictures of inside your set, and you can probably fix it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sross002 View Post
                  Hello, I have a Hitachi 42 inch plasmas, model number: HD42S69. I have a 3 inch thick vertical red line, left of center (if your facing the tv) that sporadically appears, but often. I took it to a repair shop. The guy told me that its not the control board and it isn't the display panel, it's a buffer board. He wanted $200 and he said the part is like $60. I figured I can just do it myself, but I don't know where the buffer board he was talking about is? Can you help me locate it? How do I even know what board is causing the issue?
                  Here are pics:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sross002 View Post
                    Here are pics:
                    Another pic:
                    Attached Files

Comment

It's more likely just the connection between the X-buffer board and panel. Start a new thread and provide pictures of inside your set, and you can probably fix it yourself.
                      I don't have privileges to start a new thread for some reason.

I included two pictures for your review.

Comment

Where is the x-buffer board on the picture of the rear of the tv I provided?

Comment

All users have permissions to start threads I thought. I'd rather not clutter up this thread even more (it's getting hard to track replies and individuals), so if you can't create a thread, please contact Topcat (administrator) and ask him why you might not be able to do so.

Comment

All users have permissions to start threads I thought. I'd rather not clutter up this thread even more (it's getting hard to track replies and individuals), so if you can't create a thread, please contact Topcat (administrator) and ask him why you might not be able to do so.
                            I posted a new thread, thanks.

Comment

Hello there, just need someone to take a quick glance at the display on this photo to see if this TV is repairable.
                              Philips 42" Plasma - Model 42PF7320A
                              Thanks in advance.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Injustice View Post
                                Hello there, just need someone to take a quick glance at the display on this photo to see if this TV is repairable.
                                Philips 42" Plasma - Model 42PF7320A
                                Thanks in advance.
                                Yes - bad X-main, replace the X-main. Post a thread if you need more help.

Comment

Yes - bad X-main, replace the X-main. Post a thread if you need more help.
                                  I shall do that. Thank you tom66

Comment

Looking at the picture, it also looks like the Y-buffer may be bad, but the X-main is causing the discolouring too.
                                    Last edited by tom66; 07-18-2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Tom congrats on your wonderful guide!

I have an LG 42PC1DA and when I turn on the the in the morning (when the tv is cold), the image is distorted and pinkish purple, then in clears up and the image is near perfect.
                                      This is very much like the image you show on the guide for this problem :"The picture is slow to update (motion blur) and has a purple or lilac tinge to it."

I dont own voltage testing equipment. Do you think it is a good idea to just change all the fuses on the zsus board?

Please help.

Comment

If the problem gets better over time, it is -unlikely- to be a fuse issue.

It is best to start your own thread and add pictures to it.

A multimeter, essential for all TV repair, is available for under $10 from many good retailers.

Comment

thanks tom, I have started a thread. I will add pics tonight.

Any clues based on the symptions described?

What is strange is the image is perfect after about 5 -15 minutes. But when i turn on cold, it is lavalamp like.

Comment

Working...
                                          X