Nice find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice find

I went to this sale our local university has (western michigan university) at the ROTC building. They have tons of surplus computers and stuff from when they upgraded.

They had about 20-30 dell GX240's, each one is $10. Some have more parts than others, but I got one that was just missing ram and a hard drive. I checked them out, they must be newer or they returned them to dell because they have all rubycon caps and some sanyo oscons, along with a newton 250W psu with all rubycons. I also picked up a 40gig maxtor hard drive there for $3, and a dell laser mouse for $1.

Couple of others I was thinking of getting was a ibm intellistation M-pro 6868. They only wanted $10 for it also, but it only had a single proc and then a terminator in the other, 128mb RAMBUS, and a nvidia 16mb something-or-other graphics card.

But it did have a massive 430W AcBel psu as well as a 120mm delta 2.8A fan. Would have been kind of worth it because the psu is standard ATX as well as the motherboard, could have easily housed my supermicro. May have to pick it up next time I go. Not to mention a 2.8A 12v delta fan is probably a pretty good screamer.

Re: Nice find

Originally posted by 370forlife
    128mb RAMBUS...
    There is the show stopper. Relatively hard to find and expensive.

Comment

^
      Indeed. I still see the occasional RAMBUS system for recapping... I have a drawer full of 128mb sticks of it.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

I have the exact motherboard I got on ebay about 5 months ago, I use it as a server occasionally. It has dual 733's and 512mb rambus. They are actually the intel OR840 motherboard. That is what is appealing about that case, I think those ibm m-pro cases look pretty cool, as well as the rock solid psu being atx and the motherboard tray.

Comment

Working...
        X