Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 28YT56 Vestel 11AK49-7 chassis

Hi,

Got one of these old huge CRT tele's in to repair for a friend. I wouldn't have touched it otherwise as it's a 2 man lift!

Anyway, the problem is it just trips about 1 sec intervals with the relay clicking and a pop from the speakers.
    Been through the usual suspects as follows :-

All secondary diodes checked on the secondary of the chopper. Caps appear OK too. IC800 and 801 appear OK. All secondary voltages start to build before the set trips although the line output doesn't fire up so the set appears dead.
    B+ supply has been removed from the line output and loaded with a bulb as a dummy load, but it still trips.
    As the LOPT and semi can be responsible for this type of fault I assume this is a reasonable test to eliminate the line output stage.

What I'm unsure of is whether the chopper needs to sense line drive to prevent it shutting down or whether it's just an overload I'm experiencing?

There isn't much faulting info on this Vestel chassis on the net so I'm struggling a bit. I do have the service manual so at least I've got a fighting chance.
    Any one familiar with this chassis?

Cheers
    Midibob
Working...
X