Hot Air Soldering (SMD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Air Soldering (SMD)

I'm reaching out for a little advise from anyone who does soldering using hot air. I personally have never done SMD using hot air. I have reballed chips and everything in the past using IR. Now, my question is what is the best solder paste/ flux to use for chips that have pin along the outside? I have a chip here that I would like to attempt to put back on but I'm not quite sure on what flux or solderpaste to use, and how much of it. If anyone has done reballing than you know it's like an art form and everything has to be just right. So looking at how close these pins are I would like to make sure I'm doing the process correct for my first time. Any and all suggestions are very much appricated along with any info on what is the best flux or solder paste to use. Again, thanks for the help. If you would like to see a picture of the chip let me know, I'll get an image under the scope for you!

Re: Hot Air Soldering (SMD)

Chip Quik makes a great flux, and I believe they have solder paste as well, although I haven't tried it.

Comment

Working...
    X