PCI-X Video cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCI-X Video cards

i have a 39160 64 bit pci i use as a test card.works fine in all 32 bit pci i have stuck it in.
    and i just tossed an agp pro nvidia card in the pcb scrap.if i can spot it i will take a pic.its bad.fan locked up and gpu cooked.
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    That's what I said.....cards interchange. Most PCI-X cards will work in a 32 bit slot as well....just won't run at their full potential.

The only card I can say I've never seen, strangely isn't the mysterious PCI-X video card.....it's an AGP PRO video card.....remember those huge agp slots that you could never find a video card for.....

Comment

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...sup&ref=ac&p=2

http://www.amd.com/us/products/works...firegl-3d.aspx
      Last edited by PCBONEZ; 12-02-2010, 08:44 AM.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Thanks much, pcbonez, found the driver and it works. Don't know why I couldn't find it; looked at Dell and a bunch of other places. I'll have to try that site for a couple of other ati cards I can't find drivers for.

Comment

Got harder to find when AMD bought out ATI but they are still out there.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I had a look at the video output connector in the photo - 25 pins or more.

Didn't like the look of that, so I passed on the auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              The only card I can say I've never seen, strangely isn't the mysterious PCI-X video card.....it's an AGP PRO video card.....remember those huge agp slots that you could never find a video card for.....
              That slot was mostly used for high end "professional" workstation cards. We had a set of workstations with 3Dlabs Wildcat 5110 cards. Google for it and you can still find pictures of the card. They were really nice cards, for the time, but were so darn long that we had to use full height server cases to house the electronics. With shorter cases the card wouldn't go into its slot because the drive cages interfered.

Comment

and it took 2 card slots.... dang that is a HUGE card...
                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
                X