Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad caps or somthing else??? Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad caps or somthing else??? Please help!!

I had bought this Westinghouse monitor about 4 years ago. It was working fine. Then one day it started acting funny, would display a rainbow of red, blue and green, maybe some other colors, the display would turn white sometimes to. And the menu screen and any letters would be distorted. As you can see in the attached video. At one point I couldn't even get it to display any video at all, even tried every different video port, used different cables, you name it. It was sitting around for a long time thinking it was garabage, then a few days ago I plugged it in to see if I could get it to work before buying a new one, and it actaully displayed some video but its missing some colors, so the color is really washed out, and the letters are distored. I did do a factory reset and that didn't do a thing. Attached are some photos of the inside of the monitor, I don't know if the caps are bad... anyone have any ideas??? Here is the link to the video of my monitor doing the funny thing. It seem like if I banged on it a few times it would start working better. lol I know that isn't good but may help find the problem... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbPQTTq2Sn8
    Attached Files

Re: Bad caps or somthing else??? Please help!!

Yes, the capacitors are going bad. Everything that's swollen at either end is turning bad but since most are in places where there's lots of heat, you should replace all...

You'll have to replace them with quality capacitors - Nichicon HM, HN series, Panasonic FM, FR series...
    You have to look at the values listed on them ... the uF value you have to keep the same, the voltage can be higher but pay attention to the dimensions so that new ones will fit in the space.

If you say where you live and a list of the values listed on the capacitors, we may give you some suggestions.

picture shows what you need to change - the yellow ones look fine but considering the location you should replace them. (picture is washed out because program used to draw on it crashed when saving so I was too lazy to do it again so I print-screened the screen)

ps. shoot a picture of the green board and post it here, that may have issues as well.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mariushm; 10-10-2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X