USB TV tuners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USB TV tuners.

I tried using a digital TV tuner (and a handheld TV set with a digital tuner) in a moving car and found the reception was unreliable.
    A few (but expensive) tuners are of the diversity type, which usually means Doppler compensation is included.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210
      So would those eBay DVB-T antennas that stick onto the windscreen be okay for the job?
      i dont know what your talking about.

what you need is to know if the RF in your area is polarised Horizontal or Vertical.
      if vertical then a wip antenna may work,
      if Horizontal - more likely,
      then you need something that probably resembles a wire cage or cube - they are not directional.
      you used to see them advertised for caravans.

Comment

Originally posted by stj
        i dont know what your talking about.
        I'm talking about this thing:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Easyrising-ES...ht_4052wt_1137
        Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Aren't those stick on antennas the same as household ones?
          They need to be perpendicular to the transmitter, wouldn't work if 'side on' the the tower.
          As stj said, some type of 3d cube to best cover all angles from the transmitter would be needed.

Comment

that's directional & junk.

and it has 4.5m of junk wire with an old style radio plug on it!
            you want to keep the wire as short as you can, and use double-screened satellite cable.

the thing with digital, you dont need a strong signal, but it must be clean - no reflections or "ghosting".

poor cable can act as an extra antenna and cause a good antenna to fail.

Comment

LOL those antennas are meant to come with those in-car chinese made DVB-T head units. I was gonna get one for my Corolla but then I was like no... because it didn't match the interior.
              Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
              X