X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP fun!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10473495.stm

and as one guy on another forum put it:
    Maybe the title to this article should be: "Hackers working out of Microsoft's own offices target Microsoft Windows XP support system so that people happily using XP will be forced to upgrade to Windows Vista or Windows 7"

Re: XP fun!

There's no way they'd get through a routers hardware firewall. I'm thinking these PCs are directly connected.

In which case if you don't have any type of firewall protection this would be the least of your worries.
    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Not the first exploit and it won't be the last.

Comment

hence why i use windows only when i must.
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft
          There's no way they'd get through a routers hardware firewall.
          indeed. my own router instantly stops responding to the attacking IP if someone tries to connect/scan/flood my connection..

tried it myself from my bro's connection. had a routed-through HTTP server running at home and did a portscan from my bro's place. after the 5th port being scanned within a couple secs, i couldn't access the HTTP server anymore. my router completely blocked the access from my bro's IP..

all that also shows up in the router's text-log. you'd be suprised when you see how many times ppl try to do portscans and (ping-)floods..
          only problem is that i have to restart the router every now and then cause it's running out of memory for the text log
          Last edited by Scenic; 07-02-2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X