monitor data cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monitor data cord

This is a "back in the day" question I think. My good old Gateway VX900 monitor is acting up. The data cord has a busted wire or two in it. I used to be able to get it to work right by bending the data cord somewhat close to the video card. This would make the whites come back bright white. Now its lost all reds. I think this cord is called a 15 pin sub D and it has this connector type on both ends of the cord. Can these cords be gotten new anymore? I love this big old pig of a monitor because its big enough to see and its nice for watching movies.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Re: monitor data cord

Yes sure, it's called a VGA Cable
    Most stores that deal with computers will have them in different lengths...
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Dang it! I answered my own question again! Tiger Direct has them cheap to way too expensive. Going to have to look up at the flea market and Radio Shack. If nothing looks interesting there I'll just get one from Tiger direct when I can.

Thanks Per Hansson.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
      Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
      John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
      Rod Serling

Comment

just don't buy the supercheap crap. you know... those super-thin POS thingys you get with noname LCDs.. lol
        seen VGA cables with way less then 10mm dia (imagine a 10x20 cap) and (of course) no ferrite cores (those blobs at both ends)..
        and people still wonder why the image on the LCD/CRT is ghosting

Comment

i dont know how you setup is. some monitors have cords that can come off and be replaced, other are soldered into place. one thing that i did that might work for you is, when mine started that, i took my cable, got it bent to a position that got everything working and then put a zip tie around it to hold it into place (twisties can come loose) and then hooked up an d-sun or VGA extension cable up to the end and then ran that to the PC. You can give that a try. just make sure that the ends are female and male.. not 2 of the same..

Comment

Working...
          X