Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware of "new" Sharp H8147AF laser pickups (CD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware of "new" Sharp H8147AF laser pickups (CD)

Some sellers (either at eBay or AliExpress) try to sell obsolete Sharp H8147AF laser pickups claiming they're in NEW condition. When you receive it, it doesn't look very "new".

Beware if the label is exactly like the picture attached, including shape, color, numbers and typography. In that case, your pickup is very likely refurbished and possibly very used.

It's nearly impossible that two pickups have the same callibration numbers. Even more, this yellow label is MASS PRINTED, while original labels were printed individually at factory for each pickup. Font was like a dot matrix printer, and color was light green or orange. This one is printed in Arial-like font. These pickups have been relabeled.
    Attached Files

Re: Beware of "new" Sharp H8147AF laser pickups (CD)

Jeepers that is very much used, how do they think they can get away with that, It beggars belief

Comment

Yeah Aliexpress is only crap actually. Seen a guy buy a GTX 660 from there, turned out to be a GTX 8800 with a fake bios.
      Current Specs:
      I5-3570k @ 4.4Ghz(1.22V Rajintek Aidos)
      GTX 970 JetStream
      ASRock P67 Pro3 SE
      Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz/CL9
      Cooler Master Thunder 700W

Oldschool WIP build:
      MSi KT4V
      AMD Sempron 2400
      2X512MB DDR2
      6800GT Asus Ultra
      FSP-300W

Comment

In my case, I bought one of these pickups on October 2014 from a german seller at eBay. The second one was bought from another german seller too, and both pickups had exactly the same label. So, the problem is that even if you avoid AliExpress, another one will buy from there and resell that crap to you at a higher price, which is even worse.

Comment

Working...
        X