Shuttle MS50N P4 Board - Bad Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shuttle MS50N P4 Board - Bad Caps

I got a LOAD of these from a corporate network to repair (80+ so far). According to their head tech, they didn't even live a year. They're packed with 'OST' caps, and we all know how nice those are.....

<--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

oh nice....i am going to have to recap that P4C800 deluxe then. has those purple ost caps around the cpu.

how do you find time to recap 80 boards?
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

It's taken a while to recap them, close to 7 days so far, and I still have about 15 to go.... I could probably crank 'em out faster, but then this actually feels like a 'job'....

Once this batch goes back, another is coming in... It's a 1-man show here too... No wonder I havent posted much lately... I just decided to take this weekend off and play...
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

nice earner though heh, you should try working in an office, i try to hide in the server room otherwise i have to find people's dissapearing menubars and stuff. i started doing another office down the corridor also. the two VL6s came from there. could run the whole building if i had a few people. setup a datacenter and stuff with a fat connection, lease pcs and stuff. I will do that somewhere if things turn bad. thing is that i dont really enjoy support but it is something which i know what to do. if i can get small office linux file/mailserver solutions down then we will be in business. you cannot imagine on what crap some people are running a business on down here. there is lots of work to be done but only cost effective reliable solutions will get the work. just lost some business cos I quoted 1200 euro for each new comp while the other guy quoted 800.
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
        X