Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recycling day...

Took a load to the local recyclers-

Glad to get all this junk out of my attic/office.

Just to make some of you tear up a little... there were two stacks of working P-III 1ghz machines in that load.
    Ludicrous gibs!

Re: Recycling day...

A shot that better shows the P-III machines

Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Ah man. You should have sold some of those SFF P3 boxes.

They make excellent home servers.

Comment

No market for them locally, and not worth shipping.

I actually built those MSI SlimPCs when I was in HS. Every one of them had the motherboard replaced under warranty in 2004 due to bad caps. Those machines are actually what led me to this site

6 years later, they ended up back in my hands when the school retired them. I probably should've kept one as a PFSense box, but I've been saying that I was going to use them for something for the last 2 years... other machines will come along.
        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

I've got a ton of HP D530 P4 systems I'm debating that with....except the moronic recycler here wants us to pay to drop off computers....they can kiss my ass, so all my compu-waste becomes landfill....I feed them to the dumpster.

LOL @ the CRT monitor....I junked all those like 7 years ago. I have one remaining, and thats my 24" FD trinitron. I don't use it, but it works....and I couldn't bring myself to throw it away...
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
          http://folding.stanford.edu/
          Team : 49813
          Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by dood View Post
            What kind of PC is that with the blue and yellow case?

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              I've got a ton of HP D530 P4 systems I'm debating that with....
              I'll take one of those off your hands...

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy View Post
                they are great units after a recap (the two caps by the DDR slots will go BOOM), I have one sitting idle. the poor thing broke a few bezel clips when something fell on the removed bezel...

my favorite part is like the deskpros before it, you can convert them to be a desktop or tower... great for when you have an LCD monitor and you are limited in side to side space.
                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy View Post
                  These are the SFF's, so they wouldn't be too bad to ship. Pay the shipping and you can have one for free. It'll have RAM and a HDD, but no optical. legit install of XP Pro. Optical is weird electable proprietary thing, and I only have one....so i keep that... I'm sure there's hundreds of them on ebay for cheap though. They've been fully recapped, including the PSU's.
                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                  Team Stats

Comment

These are the SFF's, so they wouldn't be too bad to ship. Pay the shipping and you can have one for free. It'll have RAM and a HDD, but no optical. legit install of XP Pro. Optical is weird electable proprietary thing, and I only have one....so i keep that... I'm sure there's hundreds of them on ebay for cheap though. They've been fully recapped, including the PSU's.

or use a USB drive... they USB boot w/o issues

(forgot that you had SFFs, mine is a minitower)

I bet you could sell them or something like you did with those USFF dells...
                    Last edited by ratdude747; 02-04-2012, 02:21 PM.
                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by tmcw View Post
                      What kind of PC is that with the blue and yellow case?
                      It was a Hotwheels PC. Sold by K-Mart (I think), and came with a steering wheel and pedals. Celeron 400 and Windows 98. Lady asked me to fix it... I said it wasn't worth it and she decided to "let" me keep it. I didn't even pull the drive... I think it was only 10gb or something.
                      Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

LOL @ the CRT monitor....I junked all those like 7 years ago. I have one remaining, and thats my 24" FD trinitron. I don't use it, but it works....and I couldn't bring myself to throw it away...
                        That thing has been sitting out on my back porch for over a year. All that discoloration on the bottom? Tar. Guy told me his old computer died and I could have it for parts. He brought it to me, and I never even took it in the house. Everything was brown and sticky... ugh. The tower got thrown in a bonfire last summer
                        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Probably should have had a spring cleaning sale here first.
                          You KNOW someone here is gonna want something or other.
                          Some of those cases look like older heavy metal types too.
                          I might have scarfed on some of those.
                          Finding a -regular- case without holes or windows all over it is a pita anymore.
                          Mann-Made Global Warming.
                          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                          -
                          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                            Finding a -regular- case without holes or windows all over it is a pita anymore.
                            ..or thin-as-paper junk.
                            Had one heck of a hard time getting a rather basic case without windows or more fan grilles than solid area that wasn't a buttf*ck-ugly "design" case or the ultracheap & thin variety.. (or both.. yes.. I'm looking at you, MS-Tech)

The one I ended up with was still a bit of a compromise (NZXT Beta)

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
                              ..or thin-as-paper junk.
                              Had one heck of a hard time getting a rather basic case without windows or more fan grilles than solid area that wasn't a buttf*ck-ugly "design" case or the ultracheap & thin variety.. (or both.. yes.. I'm looking at you, MS-Tech)

The one I ended up with was still a bit of a compromise (NZXT Beta)
                              http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129065

This is close to what I have - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119068

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119243

Not that hard to find, as long as you don't want beige.
                              Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Towers seem common but Desktop type seem harder to find these days. Setting a tower on its side makes the drives a pita to use.

Comment

^
                                  I actually like desktop cases....I never understood why they kind of faded from the mainstream. The reasons were obvious for the gamer crowd (cooling and space)...but a tower around here ends up crammed under the desk to ingest dust and get flunky.... Desktop cases today are small enough that they aren't really creating a space issue, they're about the size of the stand footprint of a larger LCD monitor....and with all the wireless perifs now, they can't even be blamed for creating wire mess or clutter... Ohh well....I'll get off my desktop case soapbox.
                                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                  Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
                                    Towers seem common but Desktop type seem harder to find these days. Setting a tower on its side makes the drives a pita to use.
                                    You can say that again. These days desktop cases, especially those supporting full ATX boards are getting harder and harder to find.

These are two of the ones I like to use:
                                    COOLER MASTER Elite 360 RC-360-KKR1
                                    This is advertised as a tower but it mounts the drives sideways and can be laid on its side to make a good desktop. I also really like it for HTPCs since it can fit a full ATX board and full-height cards but still fits in a normal sized stereo rack. The only disadvantages are the bottom front mounted PSU which limits video-card length and the metal could be a little thicker but should be able to support an LCD just fine, but I wouldn't recommend putting a large CRT on it.
                                    Also order it without the PSU if you can, the included one is not all that great, although better than alot of what I have seen included with sub-$50 cases.

EC 7106BB Black 1.0mm Thickness ATX Desktop Computer Case
                                    This has tons of room and nice thick metal, however it does take up a fair amount of space and is a somewhat dated design only supporting 60mm fans on the back panel.

Comment

^
                                      I actually like desktop cases....I never understood why they kind of faded from the mainstream. The reasons were obvious for the gamer crowd (cooling and space)...but a tower around here ends up crammed under the desk to ingest dust and get flunky.... Desktop cases today are small enough that they aren't really creating a space issue, they're about the size of the stand footprint of a larger LCD monitor....and with all the wireless perifs now, they can't even be blamed for creating wire mess or clutter... Ohh well....I'll get off my desktop case soapbox.
                                      I still like desktop cases too.
                                      Can set either the monitor or the printer on it and save desk space.

-
                                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                                      -
                                      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                                      -

Comment

Originally posted by dmill89 View Post
                                        EC 7106BB Black 1.0mm Thickness ATX Desktop Computer Case
                                        This has tons of room and nice thick metal, however it does take up a fair amount of space and is a somewhat dated design only supporting 60mm fans on the back panel.
                                        I won a beige one of those for $8 on ebay.
                                        He told me he had 6 more.
                                        I drove all the way to Tuscon and bought all 7.
                                        These are a bit older a version with the same exact front face panel.
                                        No vent holes in the top panel on mine so I can put the vents in the side with filters I can get to.
                                        Last edited by PCBONEZ; 02-06-2012, 03:59 AM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                        -
                                        -

Comment

Working...
                                        X