Samsung 275t Power and Dissassembly Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 275t Power and Dissassembly Issues

Hi all, my Samsung 275t Plus no longer turns on. When the problem started it took a significant amount of time, up to 10 minutes at times, for the display to turn on. It did not matter if it was a cold boot or coming out of sleep mode. Flipping the power switch in the back off, then on again would usually get the display to turn on. After awhile the display started to turn off after a few seconds. I should note that the power light indicated that the monitor was off, so this doesn't fall under the "2 seconds to black" category.

So, I'm reasonably certain something is wrong with the power supply in the monitor. The problem is opening it up to find out. The only screws on the monitor were to hold the stand on. There are no other screws visible on the outside of the monitor. I attempted to pry the back cover from the monitor, but that is easier said then done as the back cover fits into the front. Basically I don't see any easy way to disassemble the monitor without destroying it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I just figured out how to get the back panel off. Still, any help in diagnosing the actual problem would be greatly appreciated. I know that this might not be enough info. I'll try to upload photos when I get to the actual PSU.
    Last edited by MarCylinder; 08-03-2013, 02:47 PM.

Re: Samsung 275t Power and Dissassembly Issues

Here is a picture of the PSU board. From what I can tell, no capacitors are even bulging. I was wondering if perhaps the large one could be the culprit?
    Attached Files

Comment

you have 2 bad caps on the board I can see them in the pic the one is c8876 and the one be side it

Comment

and it is best to put all new caps on the board if you can

Comment

Thank you so much. Good eye! I just emailed this store with the information for my board. Hopefully they can help me replace all the caps on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by MarCylinder View Post
            Thank you so much. Good eye! I just emailed this store with the information for my board. Hopefully they can help me replace all the caps on the board.
            You can always get the capacitors from the badcaps.net store, mouser, or digikey too.

When choosing replacements, make sure they are low-esr (not ultra-low esr!), have the same voltage rating, and the same capacitance rating as the original. Be sure to get a cap rated at 105 degrees Celsius. It does help if you try to find the replacement capacitor in the right size too. If you are not sure, just ask us (the forum).

Examples of manufacturers of good, high quality capacitors:
            Panasonic
            Nippon Chemi-Con
            Rubycon
            Nichicon
            CDE
            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Hello, I have this exact same lcd samsung 275T

i opened the LCD and 2 capavcitors where a bit bulged (the exact same one)

I extracted all caps
              I d like to buy replacement parts from badcaps. I have a list of the caps i extracted.
              can you guys help outsourcing these caps? to whom do i have to talk to?
              thanks

Comment

Working...
              X