Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 225BW - Cap Identification

This is my first post, here goes.

I have a Samsung 225BW that is a victim of bad caps.

The Numbers are as follows:

Model: 225BW
    Model Code: LS22DPWCBQ/XAA
    Type Number: DP22WS

Power Supply: IP-45130A

Based on the other threads the Caps that should be changed are:

CapXon 680UF25V (2 each) center of board
    CapXon 820UF25V (2 each) Lower Right of board
    CapXon 330UF25V (1 each) Lower Right of board

Pictures enclosed

Let me know if I am correct.

James

Based on other thread Here is what I should get:

2 x CAP ALUM 820UF 25V 20% RADIAL P11222-ND
    2 x CAP ALUM 680UF 25V 20% RADIAL P10277-ND
    1 x CAP ALUM 47UF 50V 20% RADIAL P10321-ND
    1 x CAP ALUM 330UF 25V 20% RADIAL P10272-ND

Thanks in advance...

Jim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jimboskeet; 09-11-2011, 04:05 PM.

Re: Samsung 225BW - Cap Identification

Based on my previous Samsung repair and other Samsung boards I've seen on this forum, they're Capxon GL series or Capxon KM series (should say GL or KM on them)

The datasheets are here:

GL:
    KM: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...e0ac0d96f6.pdf

You need to get the impedance and ripple for each capacitor you plan to replace from that datasheet. Replacement capacitors must have lower or equal impedance, higher or equal ripple values. The datasheet may not say the impedance, in which case it's safe to go with a replacement capacitor that has as low impedance as possible.

ex. 680uf 25v, if it's KM it has 520mA ripple. The 820uF 25v has 640mA ripple if it's KM ... and so on.

If you're in US, use digikey.com , if in Europe, use farnell.com.

Ex compatible capacitor for 680uF 25v :

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=P12390-ND
    http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=565-1679-ND

I'd suggest replacing the two capacitors near the center of the board as well, if you don't replace them now they'll just die later on and it's cheaper to just do it now.

Make a list and paste it here so others can correct it if needed.

Comment

Do not go by what others have written in other threads. There are different revisions of this board that "might" use different value caps. The best way to verify is to use your own eyes. Other than the large 450V cap, which you can leave alone, I count 6 caps. Read the capacitance and voltage of the cap on the board and write it down. Note the height of each cap, since one that is too tall may not allow you to mount the metal shield back over the power board. The caps you listed are Panasonic FC series. They will work, but the FM series is preferable (better specs) if the value is available.
      Last edited by jetadm123; 09-11-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

FC are often not good enough to replace Capxon.
        Depends on what series of Capxon you are dealing with and you did not mention the series.
        You need to use replacement caps with:
        - The same or less ESR -and- the same or more Ripple
        ... as the original cap.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Thanks for the info..

All of the caps are GL.

I will get the caps on their way tomorrow.

I wrote down all of the values and measured the height of each cap.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Comment

I'm on my way out and don't have time to check for you but here is the GL data sheet.
            Attached Files
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

I just wanted to say from my experience with my 2253BW. Replace every single electrolytic capacitor on the board before trying any thing else. Make sure to test the fuses as well If I'm looking at the correct board online there should be a small brown cylindrical fuse and a small green pico fuse.

In my case I ended up replacing the common caps for my board and ignoring some of the little ones. (50v 10uf and 16v 100uf)

I then replaced the two really really small 8-pin driver IC's because it still wasn't working.

and after replacing those I still had issues. I cracked open an old power supply for for caps and found all the correct ones so I decided to give it one last shot and replace the ones that didn't seem blown or relevant. I wish I hadn't wasted so much time before and ordered all the caps brand new. I used digikey and ebay for the Ic's. First time soldering SMD.

Even if they aren't visibly blown look at all the caps on your board and order them (aside from the big one) Like jetadm123 said, pull the caps. get the numbers off them and then order them . Just make sure they are 105c temp rating and/or low ESR.

Just my two cents after a crazy experience with my own monitor. Very glad to be using it right now. THANK YOU BADCAPS

<edit> looks like I tookt o long to write it lol these guys are fast, good luck man

Comment

Thank you for post.

Comment

Working...
                X