• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC 55GT31 Horizontal Black Lines

Hello Again All,

My previous issue with this set was discussed in detail here:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51990

So got my boards back from ModiusPTS. SD/SU boards checked out ok SC board was bad. Got everything hooked back up and few bars came across top portion of panel. Reseated a couple of the ribbons and got all but one section to go away. It's the second ribbon from top of set at least I think. Cleaned it and reseated probably 5-6 with minimal change at best. Not sure where to go here ribbon looks ok see pic, I guess I could have damage it when I removed SD to send in. Beyond frustrated at this point. Kicking myself for even messing with those boards seeing as if they checked out ok. Please help
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TC 55GT31 Horizontal Black Lines

Sorry about pics and double post on mobile
    Last edited by Stal8080; 02-16-2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

It is possible when your SC board blew out that it damaged your SU board in the process that it still tests positive, it looks like the one IC that drives that part of the panel is starting to go.

does the screen anomaly change when you apply pressure to that ribbon cable when the set is on?

It is hard to damage those they are pretty tough, the only way you could damage it is pulling on it hard or trying to take the ribbon cable out at an angled when trying to remove the SU board.

Comment

Also did you verify your SC voltages are in spec as well as your SMPS voltages as well?

Comment

Yeah I'm not quite sure I know what to measure voltage going into SD board. Also no change to lines or pics what so ever when pressure on ribbon see pic of ribbon
          Attached Files

Comment

Another pic
            Attached Files

Comment

would it be possible to get a shot with it evenly illuminated and looking perfectly front on so we can see those little tabs.

then take another picture of the next ribbon cable which is perfect in the same light and angle for comparison.

Don't be tempted to fiddle or adjust the ribbon with the TV on.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tw2005; 02-17-2016, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Here is a better pic showing tabs....is there a way to actually test ribbon with meter or something?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Stal8080; 02-17-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Here is another picture....kinda shows a side view....not the best but all I had was iPhone camera.
                  Attached Files

Comment

sorry, should have been clearer. what I was trying to see was a comparision with the bad ribbon inserted to a known good one and using those tabs as markers for any evidence of misalignment.

These can be tricky and need to go in perfectly parallel to have them seat correctly. Looks rather tight to work with similar to my GT which is a thin model. My ST and U models have more finger room.

If it's definitely in right, I guess bad Su board or it may be worth sending the whole 3 boards back to PTS and have them check them, I think they may rebuild the buffers too

Comment

Here is a comparison shoot. Make a reference line on ribbon having problem with
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Stal8080; 02-17-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=tw2005;631429]...... a comparision with the bad ribbon inserted to a known good one and using those tabs as markers for any evidence of misalignment..........[QUOTE]

Well, I don't know how else to put it, but inserted as in fitted and running. Anyway if you've inserted it numerous times and there's no change at all in the lines I can only presume the SU has an issue.

Comment

[QUOTE=tw2005;631556][QUOTE=tw2005;631429]...... a comparision with the bad ribbon inserted to a known good one and using those tabs as markers for any evidence of misalignment..........

Well, I don't know how else to put it, but inserted as in fitted and running. Anyway if you've inserted it numerous times and there's no change at all in the lines I can only presume the SU has an issue.

My bad sorry for misunderstanding....whole thing has got me frustrated and flustered. Anyways talked to PTS board is going back to them today.....good people there. I'll updated in a few days when I get board back. If that doesn't fix, might just part her out and move on

Comment

[QUOTE=Stal8080;631691][QUOTE=tw2005;631556]
                            Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                            ...... a comparision with the bad ribbon inserted to a known good one and using those tabs as markers for any evidence of misalignment..........

My bad sorry for misunderstanding....whole thing has got me frustrated and flustered. Anyways talked to PTS board is going back to them today.....good people there. I'll updated in a few days when I get board back. If that doesn't fix, might just part her out and move on
                            I'd be sending the buffers too. It should be fixable, I don't expect it's the panel

Comment

Working...
                            X