X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presario CQ62 Dead Board Help

No lights on charging
    no power with charger and battery

Anyone can give me schematic on this board?

Thanks
    Last edited by kc8adu; 03-27-2013, 06:46 AM. Reason: facebook link crap.upload a good picture here for best results.

Re: Presario CQ62 Dead Board Help

What's the plate number of the motherboard?

Comment

I had one the same a while ago was a faulty bios chip, even after reflashing and would fail verification. put new chip in and reflashed and was fine after that.

Comment

Originally posted by scobie_21 View Post
        I had one the same a while ago was a faulty bios chip, even after reflashing and would fail verification. put new chip in and reflashed and was fine after that.
        Where is this bios chip on the CQ62?
        Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

Bios chip issue . Reflash the bios and all will be ok .
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dycc View Post
            Hi. Where is the bios chip on the CQ62? Also you've attached a file but how to update the bios when there is no power?

Regards
            Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

Originally posted by speedypro View Post
              Hi. Where is the bios chip on the CQ62? Also you've attached a file but how to update the bios when there is no power?

Regards
              You need to de-solder the 8 pin chip and reprogram it with an external programmer.
              This link shows a cheaper programmer:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/NANO-BIOS-Pro...-/270449469749

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco.s View Post
                You need to de-solder the 8 pin chip and reprogram it with an external programmer.
                This link shows a cheaper programmer:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/NANO-BIOS-Pro...-/270449469749
                Thanks for that information, but where is the chip? Im using a Compaq CQ62.

I could not find a schematic to locate it.

Comment

Thanks for that information, but where is the chip? Im using a Compaq CQ62.

I could not find a schematic to locate it.
                  We don't know the model of your motherboard, I attach the schematic of the HP G62 COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ62 - QUANTA AX2_7 - REV 1A. (AMD cpu)
                  See page 32, chip U17. (MX25L1605DM2I-12G)
                  It is the one you should reprogram. (if motherboard is the correct one)

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco.s View Post
                    We don't know the model of your motherboard, I attach the schematic of the HP G62 COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ62 - QUANTA AX2_7 - REV 1A. (AMD cpu)
                    See page 32, chip U17. (MX25L1605DM2I-12G)
                    It is the one you should reprogram. (if motherboard is the correct one)

Thanks for your very help. Our model is Hp Compaq CQ62-220SA. We have found the Bios: Winbound 25q80bvsig. We've found a supplier with this chip already programmed; fingers crossed. We will update when part arrived and fitted.
                    Last edited by speedypro; 05-10-2013, 10:49 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Good replay you flash chip

Comment

HI all. The German company messed about and customer is getting angry. I may go the other route by purchasing a bios programmer. Can this do the trick?

Also we have found this Russian page with the bios program. Will that work also?

Thanks.

BTW. Our CQ62 model is 220SA and motherboard number: AX35E.

Comment

what company did you find the chip from that was already programmed?

Comment

Originally posted by kev4eva View Post
                            what company did you find the chip from that was already programmed?
                            This guy here. His website is rubbish. We had to ask for a refund.

Comment

This guy here. His website is rubbish. We had to ask for a refund.
                              am looking a similar chip if i could get it already programmed from another seller that would be good

Comment

Originally posted by dycc View Post
                                Hi. Our Nano Bios Programmer just arrived. Mounted the IC correctly and used your firmware but the cq62 is still dead. Our MM is a cq62-220sa. Name on MM is AX35E. Any other firmware to try?

Comment

Hi speedypro did you manage to sort out this couze am experiencing the same thing you are expiriencing but have not replaced bios yet

Comment

of course is dead. charging must work even with bad bios.
                                    check charging and power circuit
                                    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 07-01-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Exactly as ktmmotocross said previously 5V and 3V are always on try to measure them first next all the others. A quick way to do it is by measuring the pins voltage at the battery adapter if no one in giving 3.3 V than the problem is somewhere else.

Comment

Hi ,
                                        I have same bios issue as Speedypro, CQ62-220sa with M/B AX35E.
                                        Mainboard was totally dead, charging LED not lights.
                                        I have removed bad flash chip EON EN25F80 8mbit , and replaced by new
                                        flash chip programmed by F37 version.
                                        Now M/B is charging, LED lights, system is ON doing POST, but blank screen.
                                        POST is ending on POST code " C7 - Initialize notebook dock late."
                                        Any idea about this code, please ?

Comment

Working...
                                        X