LG flatron L1960TR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG flatron L1960TR

Hi I'm new here and have a problem with my lcd monitor and believe this is the right place to ask for help.

When I turn on the monitor it's very dark and needs about 1h to be as bright as it should so I opened the monitor and switching adapter. The switching adapter has 2 poped capxcon GL 1000uF 16V caps. Is this the reason for the dark screen? and with which caps should I replace them since in my country I could find only the following brands:

Philips
    Vishay
    Jianghai
    YAGEO

I'm guessing Vishay is good but what spec should it have?

Regards

Re: LG flatron L1960TR

The Capxon GL datasheet is attached

See how to match and pick the proper caps using my standard answer at (regulars may skip)

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...84&postcount=3
    Attached Files
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by NyanNyan View Post
      since in my country I could find only the following brands:
      If you update your profile with the country you live in there may be members there who can suggest other brands
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

16V 1000uF CapXon GL is only available in 10x25mm case size. If that matches your bad ones, ESR is 0.050 ohm and ripple is 1180mA.

Teapo/Yageo (same thing) SC 16V 1000uF is available in 10x20mm can size. That specific one has 0.039 ohm ESR and 1250mA ripple, so it should be an OK replacement.
        The only big drawback is that Teapo's don't like heat. So if the PSU runs hot, they might not last very long..

It's not the best choice for this, but it should work fine, at least for some time (another year or so?!)

Datasheet attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X