dll file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dll file

alright some way some how i don't know but half the dll files on my computer are gone and i don't know how to get them back
    help me please

Re: dll file

Um, reinstall Windows? Or use the Repair function when booting from the Windows disc instead of reinstalling.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

oh forgot something its windows xp

Comment

Test the HDD as well. missing files can be a clue that your HDD is failing.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

oh are wd caviars bad drives

Comment

They are generally reliable but you can get the oddball dud. What model is it exactly?
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

wd800bevs

Comment

As a whole I've not had a great deal of luck fixing Xp when the dll files go missing. I also think you may have a failing HD or a virus on the system. Anyway if memory serves me right here is what I did. I ether got the dll files from the MS windows Xp site or they came from the windows install disk. I don't remember now. I think I copied these dll file to windows system 32. When the the computer locked up again I was able to show it where the dll file was located and all was good. Oh. system restore may also be and option but as you well know it will wipe out your saved data and any progies you have added. You will have to reinstall them after a system restore.
                Last edited by Junk Parts; 07-18-2011, 01:18 AM.
                "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
                John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
                Rod Serling

Comment

open command prompt and type

Code:
                  sfc.exe /scannow
                  Be sure to have your XP cd handy.

Comment

With XP, you should reformat and reinstall.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                    X