Samsung Syncmaster 203b no back light after cap replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster 203b no back light after cap replacement

i picked this item up locally for free. when i first plugged in to see whats happening, the blue power light blinked on and off continuously and no display no image dead! took item apart and found 3 bulged caps. 3 x 820uf/25 volt replaced with spares i had 3 x 1000uf / 25 volt. item back together now blue power light powers on stays on NO back light. i can see image with flash light. there is no 2 seconds to dark when powered on no back light activity. directions??
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 203b no back light after cap replacement

not sure what happened to that photo upload?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by starmaxpc View Post
      NO back light.
      1) Check fuse F301. A good fuse should measure less than 1.0 ohms.

2) Check the 2 mosfets that are sandwiched in between the two transformers for shorts.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Your photo's a little blurry, but try checking the fuse, PF301? It's the green fuse between the heatsink and the inverter transformer on the left side of your photo.

retiredcaps already beat me to it!

Comment

Thanks gentlemen!! the fuse was bad. it is now working good!!

Comment

Thx i fixed 2 of those screen with 4 bad caps and bad fuse!!

Comment

Working...
            X