X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell 2407wfp black out

Hello all

My first thread!

I have a dell 2407wfp. I have tested it on multiple computers with different graphics cards. It's definitely the monitor itself not the GPU or driver.

I'm thinking it's a heat issue. I did modify the outer plastic cover a little to give it more ventilation to no avail.

When 'cold' the monitor will run for about an hour depending on the ambient temperature (the warmer the shorter teh duration)

Once it blacks out, no buttons respond, but all stays green not like sleep mode which is orange. Unplug power, plug back in and it starts up ALWAYS displaying the DELL startup logo and then will black out again quickly and increasingly quickly untill it just stays black, but always displaying the DELL logo. Here's a video.

Where to start with the trusty multimeter? Any ideas?

cheers,

Video of monitor behaviour HERE

Re: dell 2407wfp black out

Id start with a trusty hairdrier - gently heat sections of the boards at a time until hopefully you narrow down the spot where heat causes it to shut down. If you are lucky it wont be the main processor.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
    X