Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How reputable is TheCapKing?

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
    I qm having a suspicion about Pctechny23. Anyone wanna know what it is?
    You got me I am thecapking and batman, just dont tell topcat or the joker. As a fellow tech and NYer ( he is in upstate so not a full member, more of a prospect ) I take offence when some noob kid whome I own soldering irons older than starts spouting garbage and making false claims about a company I like. If this was on another forum and someone was bashing badcaps I would do the same. I think its pretty cool of topcat to allow this type of discussion on his servers, most admins for lame places would pull it.

Comment

>>You do have to worry about the Nichicon HZ which Mouser carries. They're on par with MCZ or perhaps even superior.<<

veritas odium parit

Comment

The HZs are better on paper and I have used some from mouser but I am not convinced yet. I really don't like how mallible the leads are. Lets see how they hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
          >>You do have to worry about the Nichicon HZ which Mouser carries. They're on par with MCZ or perhaps even superior.<<

I think he meant Topcat would have cause to worry about potential competition from Mouser. I don't think it was meant to question the reliability of HZ capacitors themselves.

Personally, I always order from badcaps.net unless Topcat doesn't carry what I'm looking for. Why? I trust Rubycon slightly more, and I'd rather help him out as a way to say thanks for providing a good resource with the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTechNY23 View Post
            You got me I am thecapking and batman, just dont tell topcat or the joker. As a fellow tech and NYer ( he is in upstate so not a full member, more of a prospect ) I take offence when some noob kid whome I own soldering irons older than starts spouting garbage and making false claims about a company I like. If this was on another forum and someone was bashing badcaps I would do the same. I think its pretty cool of topcat to allow this type of discussion on his servers, most admins for lame places would pull it.
            i really hope you are being sarcastic. for your sake.
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

If youre gonna bash people on the competitors forum at least spell malleable right.

Just dont let topcatread this thread

Comment

^ Read my comment on the previous page.
                Originally posted by yyonline View Post
                Personally, I always order from badcaps.net unless Topcat doesn't carry what I'm looking for. Why? I trust Rubycon slightly more, and I'd rather help him out as a way to say thanks for providing a good resource with the forum.
                I really do appreciate that. You made my point I was trying to illustrate in my last post on the first page. Its easy for a competitor to throw a website together with things to sell and call it a day, there are several others like that besides the cap king. However, its taken me a long time and a LOT of work to build this site into something more than your typical ecommerce site. My goal was to make a community out of it, and I think its safe to say that it was successful. We have a huge following, a lot of extremely brilliant people that share their knowledge with us (KC8ADU, PlainBill, PCBONEZ, and everyone else). They don't have to spend their time on this site sharing their experience and knowledge, they aren't paid for it. They do it out of kindness and to help us all....so when you buy from here and help support the community, you also help keep this forum alive for future users and others to share from as well....and for that, I can't thank everyone enough!

Lately, I've been adding a lot of new values to both my Rubycon and Samxon inventory, so if you're in search of something I didn't have before, always check again. I added about a dozen new values over the course of the last couple months.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                Team : 49813
                Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  ^ Read my comment on the previous page.

I really do appreciate that. You made my point I was trying to illustrate in my last post on the first page. Its easy for a competitor to throw a website together with things to sell and call it a day, there are several others like that besides the cap king. However, its taken me a long time and a LOT of work to build this site into something more than your typical ecommerce site. My goal was to make a community out of it, and I think its safe to say that it was successful. We have a huge following, a lot of extremely brilliant people that share their knowledge with us (KC8ADU, PlainBill, PCBONEZ, and everyone else). They don't have to spend their time on this site sharing their experience and knowledge, they aren't paid for it. They do it out of kindness and to help us all....so when you buy from here and help support the community, you also help keep this forum alive for future users and others to share from as well....and for that, I can't thank everyone enough!

Lately, I've been adding a lot of new values to both my Rubycon and Samxon inventory, so if you're in search of something I didn't have before, always check again. I added about a dozen new values over the course of the last couple months.
                  like i once said elsewhere, the cap king is a ripoff in a way:

C. K.- you get a cap kit in the mail and a site that honestly looks like the work of a 5 year old on lsd. need help? too bad

BCN- you get a cap kit in the mail, a good sized forum full of experts who know most everything about recapping and the like, and a site with how-to guides and other resources. heck, if you look enough, there even are a couple recapping tutorial videos in one of the threads (thanks to me and a custom mounted webcam).

well... see the difference?
                  sigpic

Comment

^
                    Always remember ladies and gents, the cap sales here are what maintain this forum....keep that in mind when you mooch & leech tech data and information from here, and then cheap out and buy over there.

Thanks for reminding us. I have learned a lot here, and have purchased from Badcaps to support it, and will again.
                    I have used Digkey a few times, only when I need 'em rff (really __ fast)
                    as they get 'em to me overnight.
                    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

topcat carries my favorite caps
                      3300uf 16v samxon rs 10mm

i wonder if theres such thing as a quantity discount?
                      lol id order 20 or so but i only have $0.30 in my paypal. lol i know!

while these caps are really the only ones i cant slavage from other psus, so i need to buy, thecapking doesnt have these exact ones but i like these ones, they work perfect for antec re-caps. and of course tbh now ive given up griping about it and dont mind paying $5 for shipping. it only seemed silly for like 1 or 2 caps...

the only nice touch with thecapking is that he sends out a business card. but of course if i need help i just use these epic forums...

why am i being so nice right now? well because ive decided to turn around a new leaf!
                      Last edited by shovenose; 11-20-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTechNY23 View Post
                        don't pay attention to ratturd, he is an 18 year old kid living in his moms basement.
                        Nice. Did you have anything mature, or relevant to say?

Rat may be young, but he's a valued member of this site, so knock it off. kthanksbye.
                        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

so when you buy from here and help support the community, you also help keep this forum alive for future users and others to share from as well....and for that, I can't thank everyone enough!

In two or three recent threads, I suggested that the OP consider buying here to support the site, but the feedback has been something like "I can't find these 2 caps". Additionally, they don't want to pay twice for shipping costs (to split the order - I can't blame them).

In the LCD monitor world, it looks like the smaller value caps are required. Caps like

1uF 50V
                          2.2uF 50V
                          22uF 50V
                          47uf 50V

are commonly used in the LCD SMPS.

Threads re: no stock or no inventory ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12344

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12316
                          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I am a newbie to this site and was shocked at the negative comments towards The Cap King which prompted me to become a member here. This may be a great place to visit, share experiences and learn. I obtained my masters a long time ago in EE. (83) I have an HP m8300f pc that I purchased new at a good price for my mother of 72 years. It developed bulging caps on the mother board shortly after 18 months. I contacted HP knowing that the failed caps were due to the "Tk" 6.3v 1800uf capacitors. It was and is no secret to me that the incorrect electrolyte formula within these capacitors is the culprit. After several debates with HP they agreed to repair the pc for 90 bucks. Considering what they normally charge for out of warranty repairs this was not a bad offer, however I knew that I could repair the thing for a lot less and politely told them where they could stick their offer. I am retired and have not practiced in my field for some time. I repaired the board myself and the pc is running fine.
                            The point of my post is that I purchased my Rubycons from The Caps King at a good price and received them in a timely manner. There may be some bad blood issues that I am not aware of but I can not honestly with good conscious flame the guy or his site.
                            just my .02
                            Last edited by Frank Jr.; 05-08-2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Ignore ratdude747 and shovenose (now banned) they are young and tend to open mouths without thinking first. I am sure there is some bad blood due to "The Cap King" in the past spouting a few things against Bad Caps but personally haven't seen it. I for one hold no grudge until I have been burnt and I can say for a fact both Sites have been on the up and up. I spend more time here on Badcaps and have purchased caps from both without issues but if I buy caps and Badcaps have them or something equal I buy here.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
                                Ignore ratdude747 and shovenose (now banned) they are young and tend to open mouths without thinking first. I am sure there is some bad blood due to "The Cap King" in the past spouting a few things against Bad Caps but personally haven't seen it. I for one hold no grudge until I have been burnt and I can say for a fact both Sites have been on the up and up. I spend more time here on Badcaps and have purchased caps from both without issues but if I buy caps and Badcaps have them or something equal I buy here.

Thanks for your reply. The only thing bad I can say about this site is that I have another shortcut on my desktop. I keep them to a minimum.

Comment

I showed The Caps King one of my drawings so he could fix an error in his drawing and rather than fixing his own drawing he stole mine and posted on his own site complete with a copyright notice as if it was his own work.
                                  -
                                  That would be illegal.
                                  Under US Law the creator owns the copyright and merely showing him my work is HARDLY permission to use it, let alone claim copyright priveledges or ownership.
                                  If you want to do business with unscrupulous businesses like The Cap King then you go right ahead.
                                  Mann-Made Global Warming.
                                  - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                                  -
                                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                                  -

Comment

How reputable is leeching off a competitor ?
                                    Attached Files
                                    better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by pfrcom View Post
                                      How reputable is leeching off a competitor ?
                                      Providing a link to this site is leeching? I would think the other site paid you all a compliment. "BadCaps Forum The best online forums for capacitor related information." Anyway it's how I found you guys. I don't have a dog in this hunt. Don't like the guy huh, I get it. Wow..........

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
                                        hello? search the threads around here and you will find the link to an example... the problems were from a long history of trash talking comments on bad cap articles on tech sites...

way to throw a fellow member under the bus... and FYI, this stuff was not what got shovenose banned (it was more serious things).

frank- the reason it is leeching is how he constantly was throing cheap shots at the buisiness side of badcaps... it is called he is too LAZY to have is own forum. based on the evidence presented, LAZY sounds like the coreect term.

from what i have been told, capking's cap sales are moonlighted... he does it as a spare cash job (badcaps.net is topcat's only job).
                                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Jr. View Post
                                          The point of my post is that I purchased my Rubycons from The Caps King at a good price and received them in a timely manner. There may be some bad blood issues that I am not aware of but I can not honestly with good conscious flame the guy or his site.
                                          Thanks for leeching tech information from here, yet buying from a competitor....

As for the Cap King, well, that's a very strange tale indeed. If you read this thread, you see that I didn't post anything negative....that would be quite unprofessional even if he gave me reason to (which he hasn't)....other than some possible comments on another forum, which were never proven to have been posted by him. I have no qualms with Troy (the cap king) in any way. As strange as this may sound, I consider him a friend. We've bailed eachother out of some supply scrapes many times. We pass the time of day usually a couple times a week. Go figure. If someone has a legit gripe with him, I'm sure he'll work to get it straight, as would I if someone had a gripe with me. Compared to the greater evils of competitors, they would devour both the cap king and I in one gulp if they set their mind to it......
                                          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                          http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                          Team : 49813
                                          Join in!!
                                          Team Stats

Comment

Working...
                                          X