NEC LCD1760NX, can it be fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEC LCD1760NX, can it be fixed?

Hello. I have an old 17" LCD monitor here, NEC LCD1760NX, model: L172EN. I was trying to fix it, mostly for fun and experience, but it turned out to be more difficult than I expected.

The monitor will turn on with a fully white screen and then slowly fade to black over a 3-5 minute period. The white screen has some faint vertical lines. Nothing resembling a video signal is seen.

I did not check the electrolytic capacitors directly. Instead, I probed the power supplies with an oscilloscope. The main +5 volt and +15 volt supplies look good, very little ripple. The backlight seems to work. The 3-terminal regulators on the logic board output nice stable voltages. The ribbon cable has LVDS data going across it.

I moved over to the T-con board and found the following voltages. Vcc = 3.36, Vcom = 4.22, VGL = -5.12, VDD = 9.95, VGH = 27.4. I don't know what voltages are reasonable for driving the LCD.

I saw a recent thread on BadCaps titled "Samsung Synchmaster 2693HM WHITE SCREEN." Someone had a similar sounding problem, but no resolution yet.

Anyone have any ideas for this NEC monitor? Any ideas for more things I could test? Its pretty old and might not be worth it, but I like a challenge. Thanks for replies.
    Attached Files

Re: NEC LCD1760NX, can it be fixed?

The last monitor i tinkered with that had a white screen with lines in it turned out to be the main board. I found one on ebay for $12 shipped. Swapped it out and it worked like new again.

Comment

Working...
    X