[urgent]Capacitor in Video Card!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[urgent]Capacitor in Video Card!

so my video card capacitor place looks like this (empty capacitor)

there are 2 holes in the negative side, and when i soldered one of the capacitors, the tin spreaded in both holes and I can't desolder them, does it matter? both holes have the same function?

like this

( + |ยบ - )
    ----- /\ these 2 are soldered.

sorry if i cant explain myself, new trying to talk in english about this kind of topic :P

Re: [urgent]Capacitor in Video Card!

Yeah, they have the same function. The reason this is done is so that multiple sizes of capacitors, with different lead spacings, can be used. This way the manufacturer can interchange different capacitors based on what's best (or cheapest). I've seen the same thing on many of my components.

Comment

oh great! many thanks so i'm done with my fail soldering... turning off my pc and c if I blow up in small pieces xD!!!!! wish me luck!!!

Comment

Great it works! : D for now if it lasts more than a week xD then i did a good job lol

Comment

Awesome! Good for you! Did you replace all 5? What were they originally, and what did you replace them with?

Comment

well thats not the pic of my video card, it was just for reference

my video card had 4x1500uF 6.3v and 2x470 16v capacitors damaged, I changed them for 2x470 new and 4x1500 that I found in an old p3 mobo since i wasnt able to find those in any store in my city... but they worked... for now lol....

this is a pic I edited for other forum about my card

i'll keep looking for new capacitors just in case and refix my old mobo lol ...

first time I try to fix things like these and went pretty well!!! ... I remember damaging my old Nikko RC trying solder something with a 140W pistol xDDD i was like 10 years old lol....

Comment

if your card has (well had..) caps looking like those in the picture above they were probably Sacon FZ.

Sacon = GSC = Evercon ... same bullcrap, different name. replace on sight..

Comment

Agreed. Sacon/Evercon/GSC are the only brand of cap (Other than maybe Fuhjyyu) with 100% failure rates
                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

well, how can I identify the brand of the caps? :0

4 of the 6 i changed were g luxon, are these good? o_o

Comment

NVM xD i found the thread... well i hope they last long... i cant find other brand in my city...

Comment

If a cap has FZ__ on the first line (the __ can be any two characters), it is a Sacon FZ.

G-Luxon caps are not quite as bad as Sacon and Fuhjyyu, but close.
                      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

well i leave you my fail job pics here , u can use it in ur forums if u want ;D

Before (pic with a phone cam o_o)

After

dont facepalm at my attemp of soldering xD... my iron isnt good enough and it was really hard to meltdown the tin.... i accept any suggestions or recommendations!

Can anyone tell, what brand are the 2 black caps?, dont tell me fuhjyyu i'll QQ lol

Comment

Working...
                        X