Samsung PS42A456P2D main board fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PS42A456P2D main board fault

I am fairly certain I have a main board fault with this set, relevant voltages appear within spec and the plasma panel is firing, no lines or artefacts. I am however not getting the chime on startup and or any logo or other text, the set starts up and shuts down with the panel buttons. Before ordering a replacement main board I want to run a panel test, see below a pic of the logic board and what I presume are the panel test pins which ones do I need to connect together and do I need to remove the lvds cable from the main board.

Many thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung PS42A456P2D main board fault

Pins 3 and 4

And yes disconnect cable

Comment

Them control boards have a flash Ic that drives the information for the panel which has a habit of failing causing panel to prime but no image same as PS42Q96 sets etc. But yes disconnect the Lvds and jumper the pins.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I have have a very good test pattern displayed, so where does that leave me, I get no chime from the set itself so, but with the jumper disconnected i get no chime and, while the panel primes and stays primed. Control board or main signal board, I am guessing they are not particularly repairable either.

Comment

Mainboard failure, replace mainboard or reflow it.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

I have a board here from a Samsung PS50A456P2DXXU which I recently stripped as the screen had a number of stuck lines, identical physical layout I was wondering if it would be compatible, I have the remote for the board as well.

Model

number 450_normal_idTV
            Pcb number BN41 00980A

Comment

Was lucky to obtain a replacement main board for this set, very nice picture on this one now.

Comment

Good work thanks for the update

Comment

Working...
                X