Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help!!! Sanyo dp55441 55" lcd distorted picture. Good sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help!!! Sanyo dp55441 55" lcd distorted picture. Good sound.

https://youtu.be/6slBGH5Lckk

Hi. The link above is to a video that I uploaded to YouTube showing the issue I am having(i am not real sure how to describe it).the sound is good but the picture moves very slow and sticks causing "tracers". I have replaced the tcon board twice and both times the new tcon bard provided a very short term solution. I have tried to google the problem(but like I mentioned previously, I'm not real sure how to describe it) with no luck. Please help me figure out what is causing this and how to fix it. Thanks in advance

Re: Please help!!! Sanyo dp55441 55" lcd distorted picture. Good sound.

I've had a couple of tvs doing the same thing. I was told it was a bad panel.

Comment

Panel is stuffed, no cure unfortunately.

Clue is the double-image meaning somewhere in the COF chips/transistors In and are part of the panel--there's a short==This can also kill a good T-Con...

Sign of the times--TV sets only made to last less than 2 years anyway!
      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post

Clue is the double-image meaning somewhere in the COF chips/transistors In and are part of the panel--there's a short==This can also kill a good T-Con...

+1 uses shitsung panel, they always fail
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Sorry if this might sound stupid but I was wondering if you reached that conclusion based on my description of the symptoms or if you watched the video?
          Also, I would like to note, that these symptoms only occur after the TV warms up. If I turn the TV off after the symptoms start, give it time to cool down and then turn it back on, it works like normal... Until it warms up again.
          With this information, is your conclusion still that there is no way to fix it?
          Thanks in advance for your time.

Comment

Could be tab bonds need image if fault.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

How would I diagnose tab bond problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Hlynn121 View Post
                Hi. Thanks for your reply. Sorry if this might sound stupid but I was wondering if you reached that conclusion based on my description of the symptoms or if you watched the video?
                Also, I would like to note, that these symptoms only occur after the TV warms up. If I turn the TV off after the symptoms start, give it time to cool down and then turn it back on, it works like normal... Until it warms up again.
                With this information, is your conclusion still that there is no way to fix it?
                Thanks in advance for your time.
                Tab bonds get very hot. Maybe you can add some thermal cooler pads as a temporary fix

Comment

Thermal cooler pads? I have never heard of this before.. Where would I purchase thermal cooler pads? Also, where would I place them on the TV?

Comment

Here are pictures of the original board that went bad and the board that I replaced it with... Which also went bad.. Revealing the same symptoms. You can easily see the damage to the original board, however, the 2nd board has no visible damage (at least not that I can see) and yet the same symptoms/issues. I hope these pictures, along with the video that I previously provided the link to, will be enough info for someone to be able to tell me how to fix this and prevent it from damaging a new tcon board. Thanks in advance!
                    Also.. When the 2nd tcon board started failing if I disconnected and reconnected the ribbon cables, the picture would be normal again until the t.v got turned off. However with the 3rd board(which is currently still in my t.v) if I turn it off and let the t.v cool down(for maybe an hour or so) then the picture is normal when I turn it back on for 45 minutes to an hour and then it the symptoms start again. (with the 2nd board, turns the TV off and letting it cool did not work.. Which is why I resorted to disconnecting the ribbon cables from the tcon board and then reconnecting them)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Hlynn121; 11-01-2016, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Tcon boards being killed by faulty panels / COF IC problems have been discussed on these threads so perhaps that is what is happening here.
                      Last edited by dick_barton; 11-01-2016, 04:08 AM.
                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the help.. I was really hoping it was a repairable problem but I guess majority rules.. Glad you guys opened my eyes to the possibility of it being a bad panel before I put any more money into it. Thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
                        X