Samsung Plasma PN51D550C1F bad Xmain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma PN51D550C1F bad Xmain

I've got a bad Xmain, BN96-16523A (LJ92-01763A) to repair. I know the D series has tons of trouble and the firmware update. Only the board has been given to me to repair, not the whole TV.

A replacement Xmain is hard to find and I need to get that one going.If I measure the diodes and IGBT's in circuit, they are almost all shorted.

Question is with what did you guys come up with to replace the IGBT's: RJP30H1 and 30G124 at Digikey, Mouser ETC? Haven't too much luck yet.

I think the SF10A 400V and the RF1501 ultra fast diode shouldn't be a problem to substitute.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Plasma PN51D550C1F bad Xmain

Had a bit more time:
    Q4104
    Q4101
    Q4503
    Q4202
    Q4301
    Q4302

all shorted. The diodes are O.k.

found them all on Ali.
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 09-17-2016, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Good work buddy, let us know how it goes after you replace them.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

That's gonna take a while until the parts come from Ali. I hope there isn't anything else bad on that board. I am not so into these Plasma's...
        However I got a few other interesting things that I have to look at next week.

Comment

Yeah should sort it Ive had similar on them Sammys the older ones theres normally alot more that blows up but these it normally is just one fet that switches too fast and blows the other. Keep us updated anyway
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Same here. I find most IGBT's shorted. Let us know how you make out. A used x-main is like finding hens teeth!

Comment

Time will tell...

Yeah... good luck finding a spare Xmain... I couldn't find one.

Comment

Any luck yet with receiving and installing the components?

Comment

haven't received the parts yet.

Comment

Same set here today, same issue. 6 fets toast:

2* RJP30H1
                    2* 30G124
                    2* 30F124

All shorted, cheaper to replace board than fix it and quicker too. Panels in these are junk anyway so expect panel to fail shortly after Xmain is done.

Comment

Came across a few of these. I highly recommend not plugging in the ribbons that lead to the panel on your X-main once you have performed the repair. A bad panel can cause that x-main to short out immediately and these panels an above average panel failure than most Samsungs I have seen. The reason you don't want to plug in X-main ribbons yet is so that you can check the output voltage of your X-main to the panel and make sure that indeed it is giving out the correct output voltage. Once you know that you have successfully repaired the board then go ahead and proceed to plug in the panel once the set has had time to discharge.
                      Like that if the board keeps blowing on you, you know its panel failure and not due to a bad/incomplete repair.

Comment

Good point I have had these slim sammy panels get line shorts causing the panel to crack or the sus boards to blow. Shame as I like the image on these.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                          Same set here today, same issue. 6 fets toast:

2* RJP30H1
                          2* 30G124
                          2* 30F124

All shorted, cheaper to replace board than fix it and quicker too. Panels in these are junk anyway so expect panel to fail shortly after Xmain is done.
                          My Xmain doesn't have any 30F124 IGBT's in it at all. I've received today the RJP30H1's and I replaced those. Still waiting for the 30G124's

BTW good tip Nick, thanks! Also I do know that the panel where the Xmain came out of, is working fine.

Comment

Well G and F 124's are basically the same fets so they probably just used what they had laying about. Also dont forget to check the Ymain over Capleaker these use combined ERC so Y can kill the X after repair.

Comment

I replaced the components that CapLeaker said in the above post and my tv now works! Had to get the parts from China so I had to wait a month but it worked!
                              Thanks again CapLeaker!

Comment

I am glad it worked for you! I still haven't received the 30F124's that I have ordered yet.

Comment

Got my 30G124 IGBT's today. Got a working X-Main to report!

Comment

Sweet work bro

Comment

Working...
                                    X