Repairing a vx2235wm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Repairing a vx2235wm

I managed to take the pictures of both boards that were right next to each other. If you need any other pictures i will gladly take pictures.
    Attached Files

Comment

i have the same board in my viewsonic i shorted the pins on u6 when measing voltage.

now i need to find what i shorted out on the main board is there any plans showing this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark369 View Post
        i have the same board in my viewsonic i shorted the pins on u6 when measing voltage.

now i need to find what i shorted out on the main board is there any plans showing this board.
        What do you mean?

Comment

I mean my monitor would not start and i was testing volts ont the main board. but shorted out the pins on a voltage regulator at location U6 with the prob of my meter. now there is more damage to that board and have to find what i fried.

Now im looking for some help and or the schematics.

Comment

Abester- I am not certain about the secondaries on this board, I have marked where I think they are. With the power off set your meter on 2000 ohms and test S1 to S2 and S3 to S4. (2000 may not be high enough one member reckoned he got 128Kohms but we never got much further)
            Attached Files
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

These are the two pins for the secondary winding.
              Attached Files
              Never stop learning
              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I have found the schematics.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                  Abester- I am not certain about the secondaries on this board, I have marked where I think they are. With the power off set your meter on 2000 ohms and test S1 to S2 and S3 to S4. (2000 may not be high enough one member reckoned he got 128Kohms but we never got much further)
                  Okay bare with me as I have not used a multi-meter before. Could you possibly tell me how to do it? I have been meaning to check out some Multi-meter tutorials and how to use them, Maybe i will do that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Abester000 View Post
                    I have been meaning to check out some Multi-meter tutorials and how to use them, Maybe i will do that tonight.
                    1) Your manual has instructions.

2) Youtube has tutorials.

3) My 2 seconds guide has a section on multimeters.
                    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I cannot seem to find anything on Youtube on testing secondary windings... What are these secondary winding's I'm testing? what is the component?

Comment

It's a transformer

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                          These are the two pins for the secondary winding.
                          With buds pictures showing the secondary windings. The top two measured 371.25 and bottom two measured 368.20.

Comment

Abester =Ok They look to be correct- Do you have any spare lamps you can use to test
                            old monitor/laptop - There is a section at the end of the 2 sec to black guide where Budm show a modified cfl bulb for testing

Mark369 -are your secondaries similar
                            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

selldoor - those were measured on a fluke 187 in Ω auto mode. I am not sure how to set to 2000 ohms and do it.

Comment

Yes - that is ok - I have said they appear to be correct- so we now have to move on to the lamps and lamp wiring

Comment

Originally posted by Abester000 View Post
                                  selldoor - those were measured on a fluke 187 in Ω auto mode. I am not sure how to set to 2000 ohms and do it.
                                  In post #20, you said you would buy a multimeter. You went and bought a Fluke 187?

When I first saw your readings down to 2 decimal places on the ohms mode, I knew you must have had some sort of 50,000 count multimeter and I wondered if you had a Fluke 187.

All the modern Flukes are autoranging. There is no need to set it to 2000 ohms mode. Many people who come here only have manual range multimeters with a 2,000 count resolution.

Proceed to testing the lamps as directed be selldoor.
                                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

retiredcaps - I borrowed one

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                                      Yes - that is ok - I have said they appear to be correct- so we now have to move on to the lamps and lamp wiring
                                      So basically I am testing the inverter circuits with the CFL lamp modification, as well as testing the lamp's themselves? What do I look for when testing the lamps, and testing the inverter circuits?

Comment

I noticed that the screen brightness increases and decreases at random times as well. I don't know if this will help troubeshooting. but I have yet to test the CCFL Bulbs because I do not have the required CFL bulb to do the modification.

Comment

Its the video board I have one out of an acer. it look almost the same. And screen stared right up. But wrong epromp or what ever you call it. So it was like split screen on one monitor with a black bar runing up and down screen. Guss I will have it fix the orgnal or find a new one

Comment

Working...
                                          X