Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel 17IPS20

Hi guys
    Hoping you can help im no pro at this tv molarchy but i am comfortable enough with electronics.
    So Polaroid P40LED13 tv screen went blank but has sound...
    Have checked power supply at led backlight and i am getting 189v on start up then dropping and stabilising at 121v.
    from info gathered, This would appear to be normal with this panel. However no back lights, as these are in series would i be right to think that an LED has failed?

Thanks for any advice in advance guys

Harrison

Re: Vestel 17IPS20

Also before i take off the the backlight for testing, would anybody happen to know the running Voltage of these individual LEDs?

Comment

Test LEDs in diode mode on meter will give a faint glow to good LEDs,or two AA cells in series =3v will do the same.Open LEDs will stop the set working, shorted LEDs will overload the others making them fail.

Comment

The leds are shown in the following link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/15217...0865095&crdt=0

Flocko sells leds which you can stack if you find any faulty ones
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

If you checked out the forum for 17ips20 you would know. You have a failed Led in the screen, as the voltage tried to start then drops down to unboosted 120v. Heres a link to my video showing hoe to replace them using Flockos ebay part:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxwdC7V5Ue0
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Also after the Led repair I strongly advise you reload the core update software for this Tv as shown in my 17MB82 flashing power Led video, then factory reset the Tv and set the backlight down to Low in the menu doing this will help the Tv last a fair bit longer as the core update does not corrupt like the original firmware.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Thanks guys i did suspect faulty LED but thought i would ask the Q first. Am going to get the backlight apart this evening and find the faulty led. Thank you all guys and thank you reeceyburger for the links i do appreciate it.

Comment

Ok keep us updated

Comment

Update****

So striped down to backlight and 1 burnt out led on string A. As i have no spares i just ordered a complete string for £12, So easy fix then all sorted.

Oh no? NOT TO BE!
                  The mrs has broke the screen panel!

So in the bin it goes what a waste.

Nevermind, but thank you reeceyburger. Checked out your vids and cleared a few things up so were a big help :thumb:
                  Last edited by H477150n; 11-01-2016, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by H477150n View Post
                    Update****

So striped down to backlight and 1 burnt out led on string A. As i have no spares i just ordered a complete string for £12, So easy fix then all sorted.

Oh no? NOT TO BE!
                    The mrs has broke the screen panel!

So in the bin it goes what a waste.

Nevermind, but thank you reeceyburger. Checked out your vids and cleared a few things up so were a big help :thumb:
                    Screens are so easy to break ive done one myself and nice too see another member from nuneaton on badcaps dont bin the pcb boards im sure they will come in handy for your future projects.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                      Screens are so easy to break ive done one myself and nice too see another member from nuneaton on badcaps dont bin the pcb boards im sure they will come in handy for your future projects.
                      Small world eh
                      I am new to all this tv stuff really, do like a challenge haha
                      I will keep all the pcb and leds etc as like you say will come in handy in the future

Comment

How many tab bonds does this Tv have 2 ? If so I have a panel but I need a mb lol fancy selling me ?

Comment

Originally posted by H477150n View Post
                          Small world eh
                          I am new to all this tv stuff really, do like a challenge haha
                          I will keep all the pcb and leds etc as like you say will come in handy in the future
                          Im fairly new to repairings tvs too but slowly building up more test equipment etc its just around this area theres not many faulty tvs for sale to repair etc and if there are any there stupid prices.

Comment

Working...
                          X