Toshiba 32HL67U Half screenish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 32HL67U Half screenish

Toshiba 32HL67U when turned on for a second it looks like the backlight only lights half the screen then goes out. Nothing burnt or any bad looking caps. I checked voltages at the plugs and all seem to be what is printed on the board. I also have 24V at the caps on the inverter board. I ohmed out the inverters also and compared to each other and seem to be all the same. Would this be TCON related?? But again the flash is so fast it may only look like half the screen comes on. I'm not sure what to check next. How can I force the backlights on??
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba 32HL67U Half screenish

Do you have any error codes on the led light.

Comment

When I first plug it in the yellow light blinks 3 times then a pause then 3 more times then the green light comes on and stays on so I'm unsure if that is even a code.

Comment

I am having a similar T-con issue with a 32HL17. Those boards are hard to come by. I have not had much time to dive into checking out the t-con installed.

I am interested in seen what you find with yours.

Comment

There are actually quite a few on eBay but I do not know how to go about checking it is the thing.

Comment

Well took a shot and got another inverter board and same thing.

Comment

CraigR check out my fix on my Toshiba. Also do you have a remote? Access the service menu (power on the panel) Vol all the way down, press Mute x2 then press and hold mute one more time and hit Menu button on the panel its self.

(Edit) Could also be a CCFL issue too.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=35725&page=2
              Last edited by Shinju; 04-10-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Ok did that but as the screen is black I did not notice anything. I was thinking of trying to short the power supply to make the backlights come on but there are no markings next to the plug on the power supply but the first board they go to does have them. Can someone look at the pics and tell me what to jumper? this does not look like the normal 5V to power on and inv.

By the way I do have 24V at the 24V_INV wire and 3V at the POWER_SIG when turned on.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CraigR; 04-10-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Anybody??

Comment

I striped it down to verify only half the TV actually lights and it does so here is a video on it. http://s231.photobucket.com/user/WAL...e81e8.mp4.html

Comment

it looks to me that the 4th bulb from the top in your video is bad i would check that bulb. that is the only bulb that didn't lite up at all. it is probably causing it to go into shutdown mode with that bad bulb. just a guess.

Comment

Man you have an awesome eye! That bulb was cracked and put in a test bulb and it works! But out of the 200+ bulbs I have sitting around I don't have that size.

Comment

you can see it when you stop at around 17sec. into your video that it doesn't light up. lol thats normally how things go with me too i'll have 1 of everything except the 1 i need. i'm sure others have dealt with the same thing as you and i.

Comment

well i'm glad you found what the problem was now you just need a bulb.

Comment

Got another bulb off ebay and all is good now Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X