F-19GS FUSE Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-19GS FUSE Monitor

I have two of these monitors both of them will power up and show video however one will show squiggle reddish lines on the screen after 10-15 minutes of use? The other do not have a power light but do have a amber light when in sleep mode. The buttons on the front do no function at all? Both have an external AC/DC power supply. Picture of the boards attached
    Attached Files

Re: F-19GS FUSE Monitor

Check the voltage regulator on the main board. See if the DC voltage from the adapter is stable or not. The external adapter could have bad caps inside.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks retiredcasps have to pull it apart again but in the meantime the voltage from the adapter is stable I have tried a couple different ones and the results were the same.

Comment

As you have 2 have you tried pick and mixing the boards to see if symptoms remain the same or if lucky a combination that works
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thanks selldoor Yes, I have swapped the main board and just transferred the symptoms. Did not swap the inverter boards??

Comment

On the mainboard in the picture there is no voltage regulator on U5 does it look like there has been one - is there one on the other board
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

No U-5 is empty on th other board as well. Some of the readings on the regulators
              U-4
              5JCL
              17-18L
              pin 1-0.24v
              pin 2-1.74v
              pin 3-5.06v

U-3
              5GNL
              17-33L
              pin 1-0.24
              pin 2-3.24
              pin 3-5.06

U-1
              SDM4435 (not sure)
              59468T
              pin 1-19.48v
              pin 2-19.48
              pin 3-19.48
              pin 4-15.73
              pin 5 to 8 5.12

U-2
              FP5001
              576-89L (not sure)
              pin 1-18.75v
              pin 2,3,4-0v
              pin 5-.159
              pin 6-1.35
              pin 7-.926
              pin 8-.029
              The caps on the board a really compact and I have not replaced them don;t have anything to fit

Comment

These readings were taken on the unit that has video but no button control on the front panel. What components control the menu, on/off, etc buttons?
                I think the readings on U1 may be taken wrong? The data sheet if I have the right one list pins 1-3 as source pin 4 gate and pins 5-8 as drain? I am not sure the sequence to take these readings. I can't find a data sheet U2 when I type in FP5001 I get a list of data sheets but all are three pin.
                Last edited by davg; 11-20-2012, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Not sure where we are going with this.
                  Another think to test would be the secondary windings on the inverter boards.
                  Power off -Meter on 2000ohms on the sides with 4 pins test the top two then the bottom two on each transformer and post the results.

Comment

Thanks selldoor I am hoping we are going to identify the components causing the problem at least that is the aim? Since this unit is working except for the fact that I can't turn it off and there is no OSM. I was wondering if someone might be able to narrow it down to a particular component or components? So the secondary windings on the inverter board could be a cause? That is the kind of thing I like to know.

Comment

Sorry I have re read the thread - may have mixed it up with another. The Inverter Test is not relevant as the backlight comes on and stays on on both machines. If the osm is not coming on and you cant switch it off that sounds like the mainboard or the button board. On the one that comes on then deteriorates does the OSM and buttons work on that?

Also is there another board on the back of the panel- can you post a picture of it - probably need 3 shots to get it all close up.
                      Last edited by selldoor; 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

On the one that comes on then deteriorates does the OSM and buttons work on that?
                        Yes it does and I switch the two button boards and no change. so it must be in the main board.
                        I just blew the crap out of Q9 on the main board to the one that was working but deteriorates?? and it is so small I can't even get a reading on it and that will be quite difficult to take out and put back?? Right now I only have one of these monitors?? Chaulk it up to experience or the lack there of. Edit (The markings on Q9 appears to be t04 (PE)
                        Last edited by davg; 11-20-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

How important are the numbers on these small transistors? How can I determine its function? Where can I buy a replacement? I have a board with several on it but the numbers are not the same?

Comment

Hi guys I would like to attempt replacing this Q9 transistor if I could find one (or three) (I know this would be quite a challenge) but I have no idea what I would be looking for?? The only markings on it looks like t04 and PE vertically?? can someone help identify this little component? I have looked but can't seem to find a t04 although Digikey list quite a number transistors with different #? I'm still kicking myself for being so careless??? It is unforgiving so as it have been said so may times in here " be very very careful when taking readings, I am only thankful it was only a board that I smoked?

Comment

Working...
                            X