Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung T220 Syncmaster Monitor

Hi there folks I found this monitor outside of my neighbours the other day,
    it looks like a common fault with these. But I have checked the PCB and the capacitors look ok I have bought 2 1000uF 25v 105C capacitors from maplin but something is telling me that it aint them. Can anybody put me the right direction to fixing this monitor. I aint very good with Tech terms so as easy as it can be please...

Thank You

Re: Samsung T220 Syncmaster Monitor

OK. First of all we need high quality pics of the front and back of the board. Use the manage attachments option to upload them. Then we need to know the symptoms. Does the LED light up when you press the on button? If it does, can you see a faint image on the screen when you shine into it with a flashlight? We just need to see the board, and know the symptoms. Thanks. ~L-J-7~

Comment

What's the problem exactly ?

I've just fixed one I found in the dump. Topic with pictures here : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24215

Comment

yep those pics look just like mine, I have replaced the capacitors still doing the same, when i switch it on the screen comes on for less than a sec then goes off

Comment

Maplins rarely have stock of Low ESR capacitors needed for power supply.
          The ones you got may not be up to the job.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Original ones were four SamYoung LXZ 25V 820uF and two NXE 16V 1000uF, both rated at 105°C. They weren't obviously bad on mine, but I've replaced the LXZ with Rubycon ZL since I had some with the same specs.
            I haven't replaced the smaller caps since they weren't part of the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X