Aoyue Quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aoyue Quality?

So, I was looking into purchasing a new delsoldering station on eBay and I noticed some good looking Aoyue products that I would consider purchasing. However, I don't know anyone that has any Aoyue products and I personally don't own any. I figured I would ask you guys if anyone owns ANY Aoyue products, what do you think of it? How is the quality? I'm also debating picking up a hot air gun from them as well. So, let me know what you guys think!

Thanks in advanced!
    -Peter

Re: Aoyue Quality?

I owned one of there hot air rework stations which blew up whithin 3 days.

Comment

Similar experience but happened within about 9 months. AOYUE... NEVER AGAIN!
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Damn.... I really liked the way that desoldering pump looked! I guess it's to good to be true when you can one that looks like the $500 -$600 ones, for $150 you should already know. Oh well it least I asked before I bought it.

Comment

$178 from a name brand:
          http://www.amazon.com/Hakko-Desolder.../dp/B000ARPULW

Hakko make good kit.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Now I was looking at something similar but I like "the stations" because they have adjustable heating and I love to be able to control how much heat depending on the project. Also, what about a decent hot air station. Any name brands that you would recommend?

Comment

For desoldering, you pretty much do not care what the temperature is. Most of the time you're replacing components so the originals were duds anyway. For hot air I have limited experience. Have used a paint stripper before!

Comment

Okay, again thanks! I'm just going to have to shell out some dough, if I want a real desoldering iron I guess... It would have been nice to have that little set up for $150 but I'm not hard headed, if you guys all say Aoyue is crap than it's crap and I would rather put $150 towards something that's worth it. I will look into that Hakko one. I like their products anyways.

Comment

i confirm, Aoyue is not so urgly, i have used 2 delsoldering stations for 1,5 year, one for me, one for my mate. they are not expensive but, cant be compared with OKI or PDR http://www.pdr-rework.com/

Comment

Well I have a 936 soldering station, a desoldering station, a big preheater, a small preheater
                    and a hot air station..
                    I have never, ever had a single problem with any of them.They are quite good if you treat them as what they are:semi-professional(or less) tools.
                    That means not firing them all day let them cool and then turn it off(that goes to hot air station) and you're OK..

Comment

Originally posted by Joun View Post
                      Well I have a 936 soldering station, a desoldering station, a big preheater, a small preheater
                      and a hot air station..
                      I have never, ever had a single problem with any of them.They are quite good if you treat them as what they are:semi-professional(or less) tools.
                      That means not firing them all day let them cool and then turn it off(that goes to hot air station) and you're OK..
                      How is the desoldering station? Does the pump work well enough to pull solder out of the holes with no problem? Does it heat up qickly?

Comment

In desoldering caps from motherboard isn't much help..The solder is too little for the pump to suck it..So I always put much new solder on it to create a blob and the remove cap by pulling it from the other side with my hand.
                        Then the holes need cleaning which is done with soldering iron, wick and a needle.

Oh and it heats much slower than the soldering iron. I guess it has to do with its bigger mass.It roughly needs 3 times longer maybe even more.

Comment

Okay, thank you! I think i'm going to refrain from purchasing that station and just go with the Sakko that Tom suggested. It doesn't sound to be much of an upgrade (for the cost) to my old radio shack desoldering pump with the bulb on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X