• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheap but not too awful test leads?

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
    Pictures?

Click on the small to get a larger.
    http://www.tpishop.co.uk/silicone-12...te-p-3713.html

Definably low end, the stress relief on those bananas speaks by them self s.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
      About the UL you can make a phone call to the UL organization and ask if they know anything about this brand name.
      You are not the first one who possibly get scammed by no-name fakes.
      UL - how to spot fakes Hmm, no control number?

About the feeling as well made.. I would ask compared with what ?
      Compared to the leads that came with my Fluke 27 for example. The photo attached shows the Totaline/Summit above the Fluke 27 leads. Also better than the leads on my Extech and Mastech meters.

(BTW, many thanks to retiredcaps for pointing out the Fluke 27 deals on ebay in a different thread!)

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
      Click on the small to get a larger.
      http://www.tpishop.co.uk/silicone-12...te-p-3713.html

Definably low end, the stress relief on those bananas speaks by them self s.
      Closeup photo below. (Summit on top, Fluke 27 below)The stress relief is flexible enough to actually do the job. I have seen similar constructions on cheaper leads that don't bend at all. I think you'd have to handle them in person to make a true judgement.

Now I have some doubt about the UL listing, but I'm still satisfied with the purchase overall. No, I wouldn't want to use these for industrial high voltage. But, as I said in my first post, I'm mostly working with low voltage DC, occasional 120V AC and these are an improvement over what I have been using.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alohamora View Post
        (BTW, many thanks to retiredcaps for pointing out the Fluke 27 deals on ebay in a different thread!)
        I saw a Fluke 27/FM auction sold for $3.78 recently. Only 2 bidders.

I'm glad someone is reading my posts.

PS. Thanks for the clear photos of your new leads.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by Alohamora View Post
          Compared to the leads that came with my Fluke 27 for example. The photo attached shows the Totaline/Summit above the Fluke 27 leads. Also better than the leads on my Extech and Mastech meters.
          Dear friend this is the year 2012, even the test leads have been improved since 1974 that Fluke and others got in the business.

No matter if two plastic sticks works for your taste, for people like trainees and professionals, there is only one road to follow, and this is the modern and safe test leads of our days.

And this is not because I am saying so, but because the American and the European councils they have update the test leads standards in the 2011,
          and from this March of 2012, anything with older specs are described as unacceptable and dangerous.

Enjoy your test leads.

Comment

Working...
          X