LG 60PA6500 Plasma No Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PA6500 Plasma No Sound

Have a LG 60PA6500 that did work at one time with a dim picture that pointed to the z sustain board being bad (see picture of burn marks). I bought one off of eBay, but after putting it in, i stopped getting a picture. Putting the old board back in doesn't change anything. Could the new board have been defective and broke the y sustain? I checked all the fuses on the power supply and they are good, plus I get 5 volts into the y and z board. Any help or what to check next is appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 60PA6500 Plasma No Sound

Wow a burn mark on the ground lug. That's interesting. Does the tv still power up. You should be able to disconnect the z sustain board and take it completely out of the equation and still get a very dim picture if you do not something else is going on and we need to look further into voltage is coming off the power supply to start
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Need to edit the thread title if I can that it does have sound but no picture. I did get a picture before I put the eBay board in there. Now regardless of the z board, I don't get a picture only sound. Any guidance on which voltages to measure and where is appreciated.

Comment

Ok to test voltages what I would do is disconnect your Z sustain board for now we don't know if the new one you got is good or bad. You have a voltmeter? If you do the first thing you need to do is set it to DC mode and put the black lead somewhere on the chassis ground and the red lead and stick it into the connector on the power supply output that says vs. Power up the TV are you getting voltage there?
        Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-13-2015, 08:40 AM.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I can check Vs when I get home, but I was also getting 5v when I checked last night if that helps any.

Comment

Vs is 211 and Va is 56. Sounds like it's within the 205 and 55 on the sticker.

Comment

Y boards voltages were all over the place with buffers unplugged so bought a new one on eBay to see what happens.

Comment

Also check for cold solder joints on the sustain boards.
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I had a picture until the Z board from eBay fried something. I'm assuming at this point that it's the y board.

Comment

Mods please delete this thread. I'm going to start a new one with the correct title and all the issues after the eBay board ruined the TV.

Comment

Working...
                    X