X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL55EX720 won't turn on

Finally, I got to this one.
    The result is very bad. Windex victim.
    Two tabs are corroded and one of them even has a black hole through the tab and into the LCD's PCB, where is missing the trace. Another PCB trace under the tab, it's broken and it is folded up.
    If the PCB would be OK, I would get some ACF tape and I would try a bonding manually. This way, is no point. Where I would find a LCD PCB?

Comment

Re: Sony KDL55EX720 won't turn on

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
      Finally, I got to this one.
      The result is very bad. Windex victim.
      Two tabs are corroded and one of them even has a black hole through the tab and into the LCD's PCB, where is missing the trace. Another PCB trace under the tab, it's broken and it is folded up.
      If the PCB would be OK, I would get some ACF tape and I would try a bonding manually. This way, is no point. Where I would find a LCD PCB?
      The one we just worked on had the same issue, 5 Red flashes.
      Worked through service manual schematics and this thread troubleshooting along.
      Found the corrosion from over cleaning spray.

Left 1/2 panel worked with only 1 flex cable connected to T-CON, found the charred traces on the panel PCB that was not working.

Once we cleaned it, and reconnected everything, the panel came on with full picture.
      But only took 15- 20 seconds for bad panel PCB to get hot where the traces were charred,
      then the whole panel started dimming and going back to normal every 2 seconds.

Disconnected the original working half panel PCB (Left), and re-tested. Right 1/2 of panel displays image now, but dims back and forth.

Conclusion: Damaged traces from electrolysis. Liquid damage.

Not sure if we can even get the Panel PCB, and how we would even attach the flex cable to it from the Panel.
      Either way, thank you everyone for information.

Comment

Working...
      X