Sanyo DP46840

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo DP46840

Here's the scenario. I'm working on a Sanyo DP46840. It was free, minus the cost of repairs... That said, when the power button is pressed, the green LED come on for a few seconds and goes off... I'm working from the service manual I found HERE (PDF DOWNLOAD LINK)
    Page 4/5 of the manual deals specifically with this issue, "Power LED turns OFF within 10 sec of Power ON, or LED cycles ON & OFF"

Step one is to check for 5V to "Power_SW" on the Main Bd, during LED ON time. (see TABLE*1.0) Per table 1.0 - Main K8B "pin 1" should be 5V. I'm getting 7.81VDC... The flow chart is either 5V or 0V... The 5V STBY is also showing 7.75VDC... My questions are, would this over voltage indicate an issue with the power board? I've always heard 5-10% over/under is acceptable, but 7+ volts is beyond 5-10%... Should I stop at step 1 and replace the Pwr Bd? Or continue to step two?

Thanks for your time,

Matt

Re: Sanyo DP46840

continue.

How do we know how accurate your meter is? Is it set to Vdc? What model? Batteries good?

Do you have another 5V voltage source to compare to? Know someone to try another meter?

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
      continue.

How do we know how accurate your meter is? Is it set to Vdc? What model? Batteries good?

Do you have another 5V voltage source to compare to? Know someone to try another meter?
      You have a good point. I just got my second meter out to check, and it appears that I have a gremlin.

The 7V I got at the Pwr SW (Pin 1 K8B) is now intermittent after being very consistent all day... I did manage to verify that both of my meters read with 1/100 of each other. However, I did NOT manage to verify the 7V at pin 1 with the second meter.

The 5v StdBy was verified with the second meter to read 7.73VDC. The first meter read 7.74VDC. The first meter is a Fluke model 25. The second meter is a radioshack 22-805. The batteries in both are about 6 months old with little use.

Both of the meters were tested on a known 5VDC output. The readings were as expected...5VDC not 7+VDC

Going by the flow chart, I'm no longer getting any voltage at pin 1 on K8B. replace Main BD... But, that still leaves the question about the 7VDC from the StdBy when it should only be 5VDC
      Attached Files

Comment

I have a dP42840 that when the power button was pressed would light for a few seconds, then go out. I could do this 3 times, then the power button would do nothing until I unplugged the set and then plugged it in again. Turns out to be a common problem on the Sanyo's. It was an audio regulator gone bad. I sent the board here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SANYO-Regula...MAAOSwjVVVtsaZ

...for the repair, no problems since.

Comment

Working...
        X