User8012 - Tualatin Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User8012 - Tualatin Man

This Korean gentleman is a long-time Ebay vendor of modified Tualatin CPUs.

These days he does 1400 Celerons with 100-FSB and 1400 PIII-S with 133-FSB. Nice but pricey.

These will work with non-Tualatin P3 motherboards.

I have one of his older chips that worked so well for me, I just bought another.

This one is the 1000A Tualatin Celeron locked to 133-FSB. This works really well because even with the latest BIOS most P3 boards only got up to a 10 times multiplier.

I'm using one of these in a Asus P3C-LS (RDRAM) mobo. At 1333 Mhz this is a LOT quicker than the P3 1000 Coppermine.

Best part, the chip cost me $13, postage included.

So if you have an old P3 that's too slow, consider this. Note that your mobo should do 133-FSB. (He doesn't list this chip, I requested it)

Re: User8012 - Tualatin Man

A link would have helped.. lol

http://www.ebay.com/sch/user8012/m.h...&_trksid=p3686

Looking at the example pic in the auction, this looks like a rather "simple" mod (if you can solder stuff that small that is)..

I've OC'ed my 1.4GHz tualatin Celeron to 1.7 before.. man that thing screams.. but as usual, the choice of mainboards is limited..
    With this one here.. not so much. interesting indeed

Comment

There are two tiny resistors involved, some wire and some pins removed and some pins connected.

Even if I could see it, I don't think my hands are steady enough to do it!

Comment

This looks like a pretty simple mod. Other than the pins being in the way, soldering these small resistors is actually fairly trivial. Liquid flux helps a lot.
        Seeing that there are many Tualatins for under $5 on ebay, this is very tempting. I wonder if there is an article describing how to do this.

Comment

Instructions to do that mod have been on the web for years.
          If you can find an interposer plate that's even better.
          Can do the mod on the plate and leave the CPU alone.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X