X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell E207WFPc Vertical Lines

Hello All,

First post great forum!!

Please see attached. I have two of these Dell E207WFPc's that are doing the same thing. I have searched this forum for related symptoms with no luck. Was hoping someone can look at picture and point me in the right direction. Have all test equipment at my disposal if needed.

Thanks,

Update: All voltages from the power supply look normal. Verified all voltages on regulators of the video board. Not sure what the voltages are supposed to be leaving the video board to the panel. Removed and re-soldered inverter transformers. Saw a post somewhere about bad solder joints at these transformers. Lines are present with or without input connected. Lines also present on OSD.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chuckup; 04-24-2012, 04:11 PM. Reason: Updated info

Re: Dell E207WFPc Vertical Lines

Originally posted by chuckup View Post
    Update: All voltages from the power supply look normal. Verified all voltages on regulators of the video board. Not sure what the voltages are supposed to be leaving the video board to the panel.
    1) Post clear focused top down pictures following my sig file below exactly.

2) List your power supply voltages and list the part numbers for the voltage regulators and their measured voltages so we can verify.

3) Include a picture of the panel board. This board is at the top of your lcd and runs the entire length of the lcd. It might be behind a metal shield.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Welcome to the forum,

The voltage regulators will have a model written on them. This will have a number in there which will correspond to the voltage that you should be getting out from it. Some voltage regulators are adjustable so they will have a model number be we will have to work out what the correc:-) t voyages should be.

If you let us know what is written on each of the voltage regulators then we can tell you what you should be getting out of them.

As retired caps mentions above we need pics. Its very difficult advising from a distance and even more difficult when we can't see what your looking at.
      Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
      Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Thanks,

Voltages exiting power supply

N/F - 3.07v
        N/C - 0
        Dim - .384v
        +14 - 14.27v
        +14 - 14.33v
        +5 - 5.66v
        +5 - 5.05v
        Gnd - 0v
        Gnd - 0v

U601 on Video Board - No part number covered with heat sink.
        Pin 1 - 0v
        Pin 2 - 3.38v
        Pin 3 - 5.09v

Q401 on Video Board - AZ1117D1.8E1
        Pin 1 - 0v
        Pin 2 - 3.30v
        Pin 3 - 1.83v

U402 on video Board - 691D6
        Pin 1 - 0v
        Pin 2 - 3.03v
        Pin 3 - 4.97v

No voltage measurements have been taken on the Panel Board yet.
        Attached Files

Comment

Measured both regulators on the Panel board.

J293 9177-18
          Pin 1 - 0
          Pin 2 - 1.81
          Pin 3 - 3.28

J293 9177-33
          Pin 1 - 0
          Pin 2 - 3.29
          Pin 3 - 4.77

Just do not know enough about panel boards at this time to know what else to look for.

Thanks,

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by chuckup View Post
            U402 on video Board - 691D6
            Pin 1 - 0v
            Pin 2 - 3.03v
            Pin 3 - 4.97v
            From what I can see, U402 is a 8 pin IC on the video board?

Please circle the 3 pin voltage regulator that you are referring to and double check the voltage on pin 2.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Sorry typo on my part..it's u302. I was verifying voltages as per post from PlainBill below.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...207wfpc&page=4

Not sure which pin is which but

Top left is 3.03v
              Top Right is 0v
              Bottom is 4.97v

The number on the IC is 691D6. Not having any luck identifying it.

Thanks,
              Attached Files

Comment

These pictures are marvellous - you wouldnt believe some of them we see, or rather dont see.
                I dont know if it is relevant but in Pic 1 (Panel Board) there is a fuse F5 just to the left of U1 As you get pics and OSD on screen I dont think it can have gone but always worth checking.
                Also I am wondering if your unidentified 691D6 and Killian6pk's unidentified 6910P could be a G910 -Retiredcaps might advise.
                Attached Files
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I know I know I know this is a very very old thread and thread necromancy is generally frowned upon at pretty much every forum online but...

I just got one of these monitors and it's exhibiting the same symptoms. It works great, but obviously those vertical disruptions are somewhat irritating - does anyone know if there was ever a specific diagnosis found and a specific fix, whatever it might happen to be? Hate to just toss out the display because of something that might potentially be fixed with something simple but I don't have a clue myself, just learning from others.

If anyone has any info I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Note: if an Admin or Mod determines this post needs to go then so be it, it seems to be the only thread with any relevant info at all so I decided to make this post in the hopes of finding a solution.

Comment

Working...
                  X