Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg w2242t lcd

Hi,

I've just replaced some bad Su'scon 1000 uf 16v caps in this monitor with some new Nichicon caps.

Prior to this the monitor would not power on. It now powers on and seems to be working fine. I'm hearing a slight high pitch noise though. It only seems to happen when in the monitor is in an off state or power savings mode (sleep?).

Is this a symptom of more bad components?

Thanks

Re: Lg w2242t lcd

Originally posted by Beem View Post
    Is this a symptom of more bad components?
    If you only replaced the obviously bad ones, then see my standard answer regarding capacitor replacement (regulars may skip)

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...84&postcount=3
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Try using a cardboard tube to listen in to what component the noise is coming from. Aswell as looking at the thread suggested by retiredcaps
      Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
      Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Yes Retiredcaps, I only replaced the visibly damaged caps. I'm relatively new to this. I will go the route of replacing all caps. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip Jasgriff, I never thought of trying that.

Comment

Working...
        X