K40IN getting hot on the nvrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K40IN getting hot on the nvrams

Ok , so i received this motherboard to fix , and found a few issues on it , it was with a shorted mosfet attached to one of does 51117 TPS , sincerely its a shit board since nothing is identified , but for my experience this is for lower voltage , rams or gpu or MCP in this case.
    SO replaced mosfet , and machine turn on , get heat on the mcp and Vcore for ir , but 0 volts for CPUcore .
    SO replaced this 51117 on that line , seems some values were not beeing sent from it , (for what i can see on schematic , so after replacing it , i notice the Vrams get hot when i turn it on , (when turning it on previously green light stay on , but no vcore . ) now led shut down after few secod , but still having Vcore on cpu 1.09 volts , and cpu still hot , but also the 4 nvram stay hot .(bottom of the RAM socket) (the guy who gave me this mentioned this was happening and now image ... so beeing around this board by intuition is a bit lamme and critical , since we must travel around Tpoint (only ID i got to be more near of wich part of the schematic im testing. if anyone had this issue before on the same or simillar machine , share some info .

thk in advance

BTW the coil of that TPS 51117 for the VRams , one side on S5 gives me 1.54 volts but the outher side gives me 1.77 volts ( i assume is gettig hot the nvrams due to this , will replace this coil just in case ..

Re: K40IN getting hot on the nvrams

believe me when I tell you that ppl LIE ALOT.

I have here on the forum a novatech or something like that I try to power it up and it had the connector fk up and it shorted something ram got hot and rest nothing. change the ram unplug the bios battery and connected the board to dc jack and it power up normal. after I shutdown from power button I cant turn it on ; I got to do the same procedure battery out 5 sec off the plug the charger. it power up auto .

try and if this happens something bad happen to the board like my display board(he try to change the screen with battery with notebook on or sleep with everything connected dc and batt on)
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

hey mate was sup , well this guys i trust (i know what they do ) when its a client then i don't believe the fairytale they tell me .but this guys want me to solve problems they can't or don't find a way of solving it . and what is getting hot is the four nvrams usually found on the outer side of the board one side is were the ram socket is , and the outer side is some soldered nvrams to it (seems the nvrams for the MCP chipset. does are the ones that get hot . in the previous post i mentioned about strange coil giving 1.77 , but its suposed since its a 1.8 volts line. now really don't get the idea of why they get hot when pressing the ON button , and then the green led shutdown , but still having 1.5 line and Vcore line and cpu still getting hot . but what annoys me more is the fact of this dam board not having ID on the components.... and its a pain in the ass finding a good board view program as also a good board view for the correct board !

ok rechecking now , does chip under the ram socket are onboard DRAM .

btw my board as mentioned its a K40IN rev 2.2
      Last edited by highpulse; 09-09-2014, 07:01 PM.

Comment

can you make a list of every QFN chip you got on the board?
        and the KBC chip.
        Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

KBC is ITE8500E AX0

QFN chips

ISL6262 cpuvcore
          mb39a132 (seems main regulator)
          3x 51117
          tpa6017
          one realtek for LAN and aother realtek for Audio

Comment

really getting tired now , of this motherboard , without ID's , getting hard to find the culprit here

Comment

Working...
            X