Lg 60pz 550-ua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 60pz 550-ua

Looks like the plasma LG 60PZ 550-UA parts are all out of stock. Ours started the strange color issues then progressed to the black jagged edges and very dim picture.

I checked the ZSUS board and saw the cracked solders for the coils as others have seen. I repaired solder and now almost total black screen with normal sound. There is buzzing noise coming from ZSUS board. All fuses check OK.

Should I just replace the ZSUS board and the main board or forget it because parts are very hard to find? Only found one ZSUS board out there;

#EAX62076601 for $114.00 in San Antonio Texas.

I find it hard to believe these LG's are this bad. We bought ours in 2011 new. Thanks for any input.

Re: Lg 60pz 550-ua

Sounds like the arcing on the ERC coil dry-joints caused something else to be damaged.

Worth checking the IGBT's on that board....

It aint just LG sets that are popping off at 3 years old--Panasonic are just/if not worse as that.
    --Nothing much post 2011 has much in the way of quality anymore....

LED type sets are even worse,--but their issues are often Unrepairable panel problems!

For reliability--Go for something Pre 2009!
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
    X