Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung P2270HD issue

Hi All,

Today my mother's 2.5 year old Samsung P2270HD has developed a screen issue. As there is little to lose, I thought I would have a go at fixing it (despite having no experience in TV repair ... although I do repair PCs, Laptops and Phones on a regular basis!)

When turned on the screen is a very light grey colour, with a brighter area on the top few lines of the screen. Pressing the Menu button causes these top lines to change colour/brightness. When plugged into a source, after the set has warmed up it shows a very dim and slightly corrupt image.

From my initial research it sounds like a t-con issue, although I am an absolute beginner at TV diagnostics (having just spent an hour doing some research, and that is it!). I have done a short check of the boards, and the capacitors all look ok & nothing is obviously fried.

Inside the unit are two boards:

BN-41-01245C - This is the main logic board, which has all the inputs and an output to the panel.
    IP-54135B - This is a combined Power and Inverter board.

My questions are:

1. Do you think my thought that it is a t-con issue are correct & what other possibilities are there?
    2. Is the t-con on the Logic board or the Power board?
    3. Could you make suggestions on where I could purchase a replacement from in the UK?

Thanks very much in advance for any help given on this issue!

Mike

Re: Samsung P2270HD issue

Unfortunately, the T-con for the smaller panels is an integral part of the panel and directly connected to the tab bonds from the few I've cracked open. Usually a long narrow pcb across the top where the LVDS lead inserts.

I know very little else about LCDs.

If you use the post using the "go advanced ", "manage attachments" and post some clear images , that will help others get a good idea what's going on.
    Last edited by tw2005; 08-03-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help! Find attached images of the Logic board, Power and the back of the panel.
      Attached Files

Comment

Actually an image of the fault, anyway this looks reasonable if it's the same and worth fixing assuming it's a bad panel.

I thinks that's the same nasty panel I had in a cheap SANYO 22" here which had a faulty/shorted T-con. had pure white screen.

That's the last LCD i purchased faulty and decided i'd stick to Plasmas for my hobby work.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TFT-Panel-...item3f27ccbc09
        Last edited by tw2005; 08-04-2013, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your find on the panel & your help on this matter!
          Looking at the images of the boards are you fairly sure that the t-con is located in the panel? I've no problem spending the £40 to replace the panel, but I am a little nervous in doing so as I don't have much experience identifying what it what!

Comment

The T-con's under the white tape on the panel.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1375607864
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom! It looks like you are correct - shame this board doesn't look like it is user replaceable. The cables just seem to be stuck straight onto the board.

Oh well - thanks everyone for assisting with this! Looks like a new panel is the way forward.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mwarner; 08-04-2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

well i got here this exact TV/ monitor , but the thing is that the image is very clear "bright" , like image is going away frmo screen , becoming a grayy image bit blurry , cheked both board all seems fine , all voltages lines are correct frmo the psu to the main Av board. now my question is , panel or main av board ? any ideas of how can i clear our the issue before speaking with my client?

Comment

Most likely, it's the panel. The fault you describe is very rarely caused by a main board issue. I've never seen it.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ok thk you mate , that what i was thinking , like issue on scren on laptop , but since im not a tv eexpert , some advise are more than welcome
                    thk once again

Comment

Like That?
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QFParQc2zE

Comment

Working...
                      X