Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh....I'm suspicious of these "Panasonic FRs"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh....I'm suspicious of these "Panasonic FRs"...

So I got some caps in the mail today. 5 Panasonic FRs and 2 Panasonic FCs.

Something bugged me about the FRs though. There is no marking on the cap that says Panasonic or Matsushita (M). It just says ODIGN FR. What the hell is that?

The FCs have the normal markings. (M) FC @ 105C.

Are these fake or real? I wouldn't think Mouser would have fake caps.

(EDIT): Wow my Macro lens sucks. Sorry for the crappy pictures. Hopefully you get the point. Pic 1 and 2 are of the FRs and Pic 3 is the FC. Pic 2 focused on the bridge rectifier on the book instead, whoops.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheLaw; 02-03-2011, 09:13 PM.

Re: Uh....I'm suspicious of these "Panasonic FRs"...

Too bad Panasonic's pictures are worse than mine, so I can't even look at their for reference.

Comment

I doubt Mouser would sell you fake caps.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
        I doubt Mouser would sell you fake caps.
        Neither would I. I don't think they are fake, but they don't have any of the markings that would distinguish it as a Panasonic.

Comment

I ordered some FR's from digikey a couple days ago. Should be here tomorrow or saturday. Will let you know if they look like yours. That is the newest series (same as FM they say). Can't find FM in sizes needed so checked these out.

Comment

ODIGN sounds like something Panasonic would use as a date/lot code. Sometimes they even like to throw in indistinguishable symbols that I'm fairly sure aren't letters, at least in the Latin alphabet.

Comment

I have some in the garage I back ordered from somewhere before they were readily available, Farnell I think.
              They have a funny 'word' on them too, look like Panasonics and seem to work...

Comment

well, mine came in mail today. I have been trying to take pic , but my camera is not very good. They do have 0N8ME, 105c FR and theyy have the panny top with the curved T.

Comment

I put em in my scanner, but I can't scan the top. It is a curved T.
                  Attached Files

Comment

i dunno, but they just look sooo cheap and nasty.. :/
                    and the datecode also seems kinda suspicious.. all genuine pannys i've seen had it kinda etched into the sleeve, and it was always dark red (sort of like wine-red)..

on these here, it looks like it just got printed on afterwards.. and rather dodgy at that..

edit: oh and another thing.. every single low-ESR panny i've seen so far had golden text/markings, whereas all the others (general purpose/non-low-esr) were white or silver-ish..
                    if those FR's are supposed to be low-ESR, why is their text white..?!

Comment

They are a new series. Mine are from DigiKey. These are actually rated up to 10000 hours, depending on size. Panasonic says they are the same as FM series, that went to 5000 hours for the sizes I bought. I would think they are new enough that they don't have the design down pat for the cover. The pics on panny website show them as white stipe, white letters.
                      Last edited by steve2; 02-04-2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Oh alright. I was just wondering if it was supposed to have the Matsushita logo on it or not.

And quite frankly. I don't care if it has pretty lettering on it. The most important thing is its quality/performance.

Comment

Looks like a fake.
                          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

they have a few new caps now
                            WARNING this link contains non low esr caps like general purpose, bipolar.
                            http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-...W.html#bunrui2
                            Last edited by joshnz; 06-29-2011, 03:08 PM. Reason: warning regarding non low esr seris caps in link
                            My pc
                            CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
                            MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
                            RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
                            PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
                            GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Comment

Working...
                            X